Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 28-11-2009

Default Any bikers on here ?

Got a problem for you

initially i assumed the battery on my cg125 was ready for the bin but i put it on charge at 0.5a on the Pb setting on my charger and within 30mins it read 14.70v which it useually finishes at so i assumed it was charged put it back in my bike and NOTHING ! not even a squeak from the horn or a neutral light

although the bike starts on the kick fine and the headlight works, i have no indicators

any other ideas fuses i know might be an issue so ill check them but while im at it any suggestions

cheers
Old 28-11-2009

Check leads to starter relay, then check the starter relay itself.

Last ditch attempt, an old big plastic handled screwdriver, put the blade between the two terminals (make sure bike on stand and in neutral), if it tries to turn over, starter relay is goosed
Old 28-11-2009

its a kickstart only sorry forgot to mention so its just fuses i know for a fact that a week ago they were working fine so i cant see whats changed i think it could be the fuses as there isnt even a little bit of life which i would espect from a battery with some voltage
Old 28-11-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

bang a new battery on it, there only cheap and i guaratee that'l be your problem. Its a Honda CG they are the most reliable things in the world.
Old 28-11-2009

i agree with you there only problem is when they do go wrong they go really wrong, its just had a new engine because the foot rest on the last one fell off when the threads went, then the ignition dies, and now this still for the eight months since it passed its MOT first time not an issue started first time every time and has used £15 quids worth of fuel since september

i love my bike

ill leave the battery over night on trickle check the fuses and then if all that fails ill get up bright and early on monday and buy a battery