Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 04-08-2011

Default trying to convert my 3ucp to 2.4ghz ???

hi all....

please help...

ive managed to ressurect my old futaba 3ucp ( filed force 3 ) and have to say im quite partial to it !!

however after much testing it turns out the module is duff and a replacment rare and costly, also so be honest out of date

so ive been 'told' that there are 2 options for me ...

futaba do a fasst 2.4ghz combo ( fult8926 ) which will just swap in/out my old gear also hitec do a very similar piece of kit (hitec 29534).

can some peeps concur with the shop thats trying to take my money that it realy is that simple??

will this work just like that ??

desparate to get back into racing again and keep hitting problems hope this will cure all

many thanx

tony
WGT-Serpent S100
Old 05-08-2011

The pinout of the module of the FF3 T3UCP is the same of the more modern Futaba radio, like the 3vc, 3vcs, 3pk and 3pks, so every module that works into the newer radio will works also on yours (you must use the PPM modulation) .

So both the Futaba and the Hitec combos work well with the 3ucp.
Plus there are also other brands that works, like for example Spektrum but excluding the HRS version( http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM1014 ) or the cheaper "china" 2.4GHz modules (Corona, FrSky, etc.).

If you want to continue with the 40MHz modulation, you can also take a look on ebay; some Futaba 40Mhz modules appears quite often and at good prices (like this one ended a couple of days ago http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280714235606).

Bye
Ema
Old 05-08-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

There's a fair few 3rd party modules out there now, Spektrum being the best supported one.

I use the Assan modules (in a Hitec CRX radio - absolutely flawless, though module needs to be removed to save settings!), but would consider something like this if starting over:

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/frsky-v8ft...-p-405313.html

The receivers are also just as cheap, and from the reviews, perfectly reliable.

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 05-08-2011
Mad Member

The Futaba FASST system runs in my 3VCS in HRS mode which isn't available on an FF3. Best to double-check that it will work OK in PPM with your servos and speedos.

I ran an FF3 for years with the Spektrum system and it is completely compatible. There are a few around on the For Sale boards. HTH