Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 27-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slash View Post
261.00 EUR = 374.896 USD

EDIT: is this for the dex410R or the dex410?? because if its for the dex410 man that is a great deal.

too bad i just got a DEX410R for 20 bucks cheaper before this update came out....i wonder if Durango would do anything for me.
It's pounds sterling, not euros. but still a good price. I think there will be only one version of the DEX in the future. Most 'R' drivers upgrade to a higher spec anyway.
Old 27-07-2011
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
I think there will be only one version of the DEX in the future.
Do you have any information on that, or have you just made it up?
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 28-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmo View Post
To be honest - as long as there is nothing announced on the Team Durango website, why should I guess anything?

Why should I even think about changing anything on my DEX410 when almost the same car in the hands of Jörn Neumann was good enough for vice world champion? Without big bores...

couldn't agree more

nonetheless .. curious to know what TD has in store as "improvements" or "upgrades" eventhough I'll struggle to open up the wallet ..
Old 28-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Do you have any information on that, or have you just made it up?
As I wrote, that's just what I think. You keep hearing and hearing "Oh my, how expensive is the Durango", although the price is justified considering all the goodies that are included in the package. Sales may increase if the price tag is reduced and comparable to that of the competition. I don't know how the "R" is selling, but the full version was sold out in a second, whereas the "R" is still available. Either the racers are not interested that much in the little brother of the full race vehicle or the remaining stocks are just way bigger.

However, I'm sure we all will find out before long.
Is it time yet?!
Old 29-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmo View Post
To be honest - as long as there is nothing announced on the Team Durango website, why should I guess anything?

Why should I even think about changing anything on my DEX410 when almost the same car in the hands of Jörn Neumann was good enough for vice world champion? Without big bores...
I'm still wondering why they didn't use big bores at the Euro's. Are they worse than normal bores?
Old 29-07-2011

it says right there in the report:

Quote:
Jorn isn't using some of the latest DEX410 parts because he hasn't tested them enough he said - this being the most important race around he doesn't want to take chances on things he's not personally tried and knows everything about. So the setup he and Hupo are running here at the Worlds has been established and whilst the guys like the new Big Bore dampers they've simply not had enough track time on dirt with them to want to be testing setups here at the World Championships.
Old 30-07-2011
Mad Member

I think it will have saddle lipo's . One in front and one in rear.
When I showed gerd my car like this his eyes lit up and he really liked it.
Maybe.
Old 04-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
Does phil actually work at Durango or am I reading it wrong?

And I am tempted by those prices!
Pleased to announce a new version of the 410 soon to be released

So has anyone got anybody spotted it being tested yet? Believe it's due to be released in about 2 months and to have the bigbores as standard!

Old 06-08-2011

Hi, new to here so be gentle, I'm getting back into 1/10 off road after a small break (20 years) been racing lots of other classes in that time, anyway after doing some research I am going along the 410 route, I want the pro version which as you all know are not available so it seems I have to wait for the V3, I am am a little concerned with how long i may be waiting as it seems strange no one has seen this car in testing and the spec is a highly kept secret, does anyone else not think it's a little strange or are we just going to see a stripped down version of the current car with a few new parts?
Old 06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber View Post
Hi, new to here so be gentle, I'm getting back into 1/10 off road after a small break (20 years) been racing lots of other classes in that time, anyway after doing some research I am going along the 410 route, I want the pro version which as you all know are not available so it seems I have to wait for the V3, I am am a little concerned with how long i may be waiting as it seems strange no one has seen this car in testing and the spec is a highly kept secret, does anyone else not think it's a little strange or are we just going to see a stripped down version of the current car with a few new parts?
I think many have seen this in testing, just didn't know it.

My guess is that it is a "small" update, and that there will be no "R" and "full spec" version, only one. My guess is plastic side pods, big bore shocks, ball diffs, cab forward body. I could be very wrong, though
Old 06-08-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

I love this thread.
Old 06-08-2011

Why is everyone thinking that there is coming a new one?
Maybe Durango makes a brake for the next 2 years.....
Old 06-08-2011

Some driver sitting close to Hupo at the worlds said they saw him maintaining balldiffs during the 4wd event...
If it comes with balldiffs I will go buy myself a Cat SX3 instead. Only race electric indoors anyway.
Old 06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve73 View Post
Why is everyone thinking that there is coming a new one?
Maybe Durango makes a brake for the next 2 years.....
You can Pre order the v3 from mb at the moment .

As for the spec I have no idea , do you think it would be good if it had the drive shafts like the 1/8 type that they have on the sc and 2wd .
Old 06-08-2011

Default balldriffied

strange days indeed , a 511 with geardiff and a v3 with balldiff? Then ill buy a cat too
Old 12-08-2011

i sure hope its not ball diff.

maybe they are just making a ball diff option part. and maybe that is what hupo was using. plus i though Durango was a fan of gear diffs because of there ball diff vs gear diff video if that video was real then there should be no reason to go to ball diffs
Old 15-08-2011

They can change whatever they want, I'm happy with the 410 end of.

Looking at what has been tested you can assume the V3 has a new rear brace, new o/s outer bearing on the rear hubs, new centre CVD's, different shock towers as Durango has reduced the price and obviously big bores as standard.

Everything else is just assumptions and hearsay.
Old 15-08-2011

With TD reducing the price of some of the current parts and the out of stock status of others, such as the aluminium front suspension holder, is it going to be difficult getting hold of parts for the current DEX410 in the near future?
Old 15-08-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn28 View Post
With TD reducing the price of some of the current parts and the out of stock status of others, such as the aluminium front suspension holder, is it going to be difficult getting hold of parts for the current DEX410 in the near future?
I wouldn't think so, they ain't stupid at TD, seems that most new bits tend to fit the older cars.

As for the alloy front suspension holder being out of stock, that'll be cos of all the peeps who just bought an R cheap buying them all it's not the first time that bit has been out of stock.
Old 18-08-2011

I believe that there is going to be just one kit, with the basic (moulded plastic parts) and some updated parts, and everything else will follow as option. The same path as the DEX210. This is the only way to keep the price competitive. The serious racer will choose the options he needs.