Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-11-2017

Question Setup help for mixed surface (carpet + wood)

Hi guys,

I'm hoping for some advice on setups for my 2wd PR S1 V3 FM.

I race indoors on a mixed surface of carpet and wood In a community hall.

The car feels good in the carpet sections but pushes wide off power and on power (unless using bucket loads of throttle to slide the rear out) in the wood sections.

My initial train of thought was to move weight forward, battery forward, rear shocks mounted on front of wishbones, stiffen rear, soften front but this did not help and my times showed on average I was perhaps slower.

This week I followed a setup from PetitRC exactly (apart from running geared diff Vs ball diff) which should of made the car much better but it was the same.

A chap at the club was helpful and we made some more changes which kind of helped but it was still under steering a lot, even low speed. We decided to try putting the weight more rearward to help try and rotate the car using the pendulum effect but with no great success. We also played around with springs. Softening it to try and provoke some roll.

Tyre wise on the rear I've tried Cactus, Mini pins and mini spikes. On the front I've tried low profile staggers and 2wd mini pins.

Any ideas as it's driving me nuts!

Last edited by Derka; 21-11-2017 at 07:13 AM.