Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 24-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel View Post
Where dith you all get your teamc stuff now.
At a uk shop.?
Or at smd direckt ?
At a shop .oke than nothing change for you.
At smd .are you sponsord by smd/teamc. If you want noting changes.
At smd but you pay the full price . You wil get your stuff at a other shop now!
Al is changing is that smd is no longer importer of teamc as i think.
Was smd only betting on teamc in this risky buisnes and times?
Seems not so smart .
Why people lose there job over one missing brand. Dont they have more brands.?
And they stil can sel teamc i think but not as a wholesale to other shops but only
As a shop to customers?
I dont know the al about it only wat i reed on forums and so.
So dont shoot me if i ame totaly off.
But it is alway sad if you lose your job at all times.!
Greets marcel
we dont know what absima plans are has they have not made a announcement yet.
smd import a few brands like LRP/SANWA/DUALSKY to name a few but i am sure they have put plenty of money and i know plenty of time bringing a brand that was releatively unknown in the uk to being very popular and that is down to smd. then with very little warning absima drop smd after they have done all the hard work making the brand succesful in the uk.i think that the point why peoplr in the uk are a little upset marcel oh happy christmas.
Old 24-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano43 View Post
we dont know what absima plans are has they have not made a announcement yet.
smd import a few brands like LRP/SANWA/DUALSKY to name a few but i am sure they have put plenty of money and i know plenty of time bringing a brand that was releatively unknown in the uk to being very popular and that is down to smd. then with very little warning absima drop smd after they have done all the hard work making the brand succesful in the uk.i think that the point why peoplr in the uk are a little upset marcel oh happy christmas.
how do you know the brand was "successful" have you spoken to there accountant?

from what I've read just seems like loads of speculation (unless other know more than what is written) unfortunate for SMD to lose team c especially if it effects jobs, i doubt it will be the end of team c and if it is it will be because its not making money simple! also im my opinion people selling up due to this are just using it as an excuse to get a new chassis which is fair enough..
Old 24-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigbunt View Post
how do you know the brand was "successful" have you spoken to there accountant?

from what I've read just seems like loads of speculation (unless other know more than what is written) unfortunate for SMD to lose team c especially if it effects jobs, i doubt it will be the end of team c and if it is it will be because its not making money simple! also im my opinion people selling up due to this are just using it as an excuse to get a new chassis which is fair enough..
I know because my mate works for Smd and the amount of tm2 cars around will also be a give away and what I said isn't speculation but fact so keep ur smart ass opinions to you self if you have nothing constructive to say pal and as for a successful brand the tm2 finished 10th in the nationals at the hands of Ian mellish so to say 12-18 months ago no body had heard of team c and now it's being talked about on this forum is itself a testiment to its success and no one said it will be the end of them but some people don't like the way absima went about their business and are wondering how they will now get spares as absima haven't made a announcement yet.
Old 24-12-2013
Mad Member

Now Now ladies, it's Christmas Eve...
Old 24-12-2013
oOple Advertiser

Smile

Thanks for the support Ian

I reckon we should draw a line under this now, as Jamie has said in another post, it isn't the fact that absima have dropped SMD as their UK distributor, business is business and if they think they can do it better than we did then good luck to them (they will need it) the only problem is the dire lack of notice they gave us about their decision.

SMD is a small family run business (there are 3 of us) and yes we do distribute other brands, however how many companies do you know in this day and age that can loose roughly a third, give or take a bit of their turnover at the drop of a hat and not be affected?

SMD will recover from this, our concern is that there Won't be a job for all of us, at least in the short term as being given 2 weeks to find, negotiate, import and pay for a new line just ain't going to happen. (2 MONTHS notice would have been a whole different matter)

Interesting times are ahead for our little company...........watch this space

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 24-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by john333 View Post
Thanks for the support Ian

I reckon we should draw a line under this now, as Jamie has said in another post, it isn't the fact that absima have dropped SMD as their UK distributor, business is business and if they think they can do it better than we did then good luck to them (they will need it) the only problem is the dire lack of notice they gave us about their decision.

SMD is a small family run business (there are 3 of us) and yes we do distribute other brands, however how many companies do you know in this day and age that can loose roughly a third, give or take a bit of their turnover at the drop of a hat and not be affected?

SMD will recover from this, our concern is that there Won't be a job for all of us, at least in the short term as being given 2 weeks to find, negotiate, import and pay for a new line just ain't going to happen. (2 MONTHS notice would have been a whole different matter)

Interesting times are ahead for our little company...........watch this space
Dean I didn't mean is the brand success on the track I meant in the bank, as in is it worth while for team c? Also I said I read what was written so you do know more than what was written. And the speculation I was talking about was it being the end of team c rather than smd not distributing which is confirmed. This is a public forum remember shouldn't jump on people when they don't share your prospective.

John,
Thanks for explaining this, is harsh to not give you notice to plan and prepare for this. Wish you all the best and a merry Christmas.
Old 25-12-2013

Cig bunt
I was referring to being successful on the track as I wouldn't be able to tell you financially their position of course, and you right thus is a public forum so sorry for my comments if they caused offence and as John said better to draw a line under it. And a merry Christmas