Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 09-06-2015

Default Which Touring Car?

Hi guys.

I am thinking of getting a 10th scale Touring Car setup and was wondering what cars you guys are racing? What is a decent, competitive and reliable setup to start with?

Thanks in advance.
Old 13-06-2015

Go for a buggy

There's quite a big range of TCs being ran. I hear a lot of positives about the Schumacher MI5 though

Currently running Schumachers Cat K1 Aero and Cougar KF, with my son running the Cat K1
Old 16-06-2015

Desert Force,

Are you thinking of joining us at Tynemet?

I've got an Associated TC6.1 which may suit you if you are and are considering 2nd hand.

It's been upgraded with an Exotec kit which takes it closer to the TC6.2 specification.

I've also got a spare speed controller if you are looking for one.

If you want me to bring either or both along to the club just let me know.

Cheers.

Nigel.
Old 16-06-2015

Aye,

I am looking to join you guys. You are local to me and when I came by to have a look how you guys handle your meets I liked what I saw . I am considering everything atm as I sold off all my RC stuff (except the lipo charger weirdly enough) and need a complete setup. I also never have done on road, indoor or 10th racing so probably will get something to try out first. Any chance you could give me more info on the car?

Ben
Old 16-06-2015

The car started out as a TC6.1, it has a gear diff in the rear and a spool in the front, pretty typical TC set up, it's then had the exotec conversion done to it which takes the wishbone mounts off the bulkheads and mounts them from the chassis. The conversion includes a new chassis and top deck plus other bits and pieces. The car has never been run outdoors so the chassis and the rest of the car is in good condition, recently had new diff outdrives as they were a little worn.

I'm happy to stick it in the car next Monday if you wanted to come and look at it.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Nigel.
Old 16-06-2015

Yes, I would appreciate that. However, I am not sure yet if I can make next Monday.
Old 17-06-2015

Definitely TC and not buggy - far closer racing with TC's than buggy's. Don't let Mr Ainscow draw you to the dark side
Old 17-06-2015

There isn't any immediate danger of that. Never got on with Buggies. A Truggy on the other hand....
Old 06-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmon View Post
The car started out as a TC6.1, it has a gear diff in the rear and a spool in the front, pretty typical TC set up, it's then had the exotec conversion done to it which takes the wishbone mounts off the bulkheads and mounts them from the chassis. The conversion includes a new chassis and top deck plus other bits and pieces. The car has never been run outdoors so the chassis and the rest of the car is in good condition, recently had new diff outdrives as they were a little worn.

I'm happy to stick it in the car next Monday if you wanted to come and look at it.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Nigel.
Nigel

Do you still have this or has it gone?

Cookie