Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 13-02-2013

Default Sv2 chassis tweak

Is it common to experience chassis tweak on the sv2 due to the double deck carbon chassis?
The car handles brilliantly, well when turning right it does but does hook wildly when steering to the left making it difficult to drive.
What should I check to help cure this? Could it be as simple as uneven camber as it seems about right or could it possibly be a servo problem or even chassis tweak?

Please could you let me know your issues and what cured it?

Chris
Old 13-02-2013

Just wondering, do you screw the top deck down or do you use bodyclips? I use clips and have never experienced that, and I have never known tweak on the chassis. I have had servo issues and that is what it sounds like to me. Also check your chassis is perfectly straight.
Old 13-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Elworthy View Post
Is it common to experience chassis tweak on the sv2 due to the double deck carbon chassis?
The car handles brilliantly, well when turning right it does but does hook wildly when steering to the left making it difficult to drive.
What should I check to help cure this? Could it be as simple as uneven camber as it seems about right or could it possibly be a servo problem or even chassis tweak?

Chris
Alans does exactly the same thing, in a straight line it turns slightly,
Old 13-02-2013

Does the car have the same amount of left and right steering?
SC10. Stock spec ESC & motor. KO Propo.

Powered by Nanotechnology.
Old 13-02-2013

I found my problem.... the servo
Old 13-02-2013

I find mine pulls to the right when breaking hard but tracks straight and handles awesome
Old 13-02-2013

Quote:

Chris
Check your caster blocks you my have an odd one on your car.
Old 14-02-2013

Thanks for the input lads,

Some interesting comments there that I will look into. I'm going to strip the car down later and recheck all the geometry to make sure everything is as it should be.
Something worth sharing that Tom from Schumacher suggested is to look at the front hubs if you are experiencing under/oversteer to one side only. The hubs come with a small moulded stopper which limits the amount of steering travel the servo can offer. These lugs can break off in a crash so check your car to make sure both your hubs are the same. These lugs can also be removed with a hobby knife if you do require more steering than with the limiters.

I found my right hub had the stopper and the left didn't (I was donated the left hub by a team driver after a breakage who had removed the limiters) despite this I'm still not totally sure that this will solve my problem as the oversteer I'm experiencing changed from when turning right to turning left last week after just resetting my EPA's?

Despite this I felt it was worth letting you into what I've been told.

Chris
Old 14-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Thanks for the input lads,

Some interesting comments there that I will look into. I'm going to strip the car down later and recheck all the geometry to make sure everything is as it should be.
Something worth sharing that Tom from Schumacher suggested is to look at the front hubs if you are experiencing under/oversteer to one side only. The hubs come with a small moulded stopper which limits the amount of steering travel the servo can offer. These lugs can break off in a crash so check your car to make sure both your hubs are the same. These lugs can also be removed with a hobby knife if you do require more steering than with the limiters.

I found my right hub had the stopper and the left didn't (I was donated the left hub by a team driver after a breakage who had removed the limiters) despite this I'm still not totally sure that this will solve my problem as the oversteer I'm experiencing changed from when turning right to turning left last week after just resetting my EPA's?

Despite this I felt it was worth letting you into what I've been told.

Chris
Probably is this, the steering hub with the lug missing will turn in tighter and could be causing the car to hook in one direction.

And Tom is GOD, so its definitely right.

I glued thicker lugs on to my steering hubs because i wanted less lock but i like steering when the inside wheel is locked in a certain position when on full lock, not flopping around.

Would be nice if schumacher (or any manufacturer) made these with a grub screw so you could adjust the full lock lockout.
Old 14-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBuggyPhil View Post
Does the car have the same amount of left and right steering?
Cough
SC10. Stock spec ESC & motor. KO Propo.