Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 29-05-2013

I am really tempted by this exotek bell crank system.

I wonder if you can leave servo in stock place, as there seem lot of room between servo and bell crank system. I could change the servo arm as last resort.

has anyone tried that?
Old 13-06-2013

So. like a right mug, I bought Exotek steering conversion kit for my 22 after handing the credit card out with my eyes firmly shut.... it's arrived next day.

After cutting the chassis side rails to fit the servo mounts, and grinding the 2 areas on the upper bulk head.

I had to rebuild the whole car because servo mount being moved 6mm backward. car finally completed in 2 hours... I had to relocate the big esc somewhere too.

WOW. the steering is lot improved, loads more steering, lot more sensitive to my steering input (my EPA is 150% on spectrum DX2s, unchanged setting from old steering rank) and it seem very precise and fast. I would say the handling has changed a bit, less under steer. Did I mention it's very precise? it goes where I want go.

There is bit of play in steering due to worn ball cup which I will replace later tonight.

the Ackermann angle seem be same although the steering link angled little different, using default setting. I'm using same servo, savox 1251mg. cant wait to try it on track this weekend.

Old steering rank.

New steering rank.

heres instruction manual.

Old 13-06-2013

He who dares rodders he who dares

Look forward to hear how it is on the track.