Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2011

Default Potential new racer?

Hi,

Went down to Pegasus models in Norwich to look at a few cars.... (got 3 atm)
and whilst i was there they mentioned the Norfolk buggy club and i was quite intrigued to find out more, so searched up on Google and found you're website, read through it all.....

Now i read that only 1/10 buggies are allowed on grass, so i assume that 1/8 aren't?
Are both 1/8 and 1/10 buggies allowed on dirt?

Now as i used to race a TC down at Trowse i have a fairly good understanding on how it works, i.e get there, sign in, charge batteries, get transponders, race, then marshal?

Its coming Christmas and I have been looking at getting a 1/10 buggy to buy,
Maybe be cheap but saw an Ansmann Mad Rat in Pegasus picked it up and to be fair it felt rather rigid and strong compared to the reviews i have read... as it is so cheap i will more than likely buy 2, 1 to race and 1 for spares, is this a good starting point with the ESC, Motor and Battery combo for a starter (i am quite confident driving and racing) as i will probably buy a spare car for parts?

For the motor and speed controller i have chosen a hobbywing xtreme stock esc with an x-car hobbyking 10.5t sensored motor, and (already owned) 2s turnigy 5000mah lipo batteries, would this be a good combo as i have asked a few people already and they have told me that off road sensored is as good as on road sensored?

Now for tires i have read that i can use anything except spikes?
So i have gone for the Fastrax H pattern tires... now will these be fine for dirt and grass or just one surface, i plan on using the stock tires until they wear out and then replace, is this a good choice in tire or is there a better tire such as the bow tire ETC???

And last question, is there anything i should know, like what do i need to race i.e member ship ETC?

Thanks