Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 29-12-2012

Default FTX Edge - just as a matter of interest

Hi all

So, going to be coming back for a bit of RC in 2013, so having a look around to see whats new etc

Now I'm fairly certain that I'd be recommended with moreso B4's, SV's, Losi 22's etc

But as a matter of interest does anyone use this buggy? and if so, how does it fair in it's brushless incarnation.

Cheers all
Matt
Old 29-12-2012

It's the same old story, fine for bashing but for racing, not ideal.

Nobody around will have spares so you'll need to be self sufficient. The sensorless motor/ESC may work ok but may well prove less smooth from a stand start/coming out of slow corners etc.

In no time you'll be left wanting, having been there & done it, I now feel it's false economy to buy this type of buggy when you will quickly want something more suited to the task of racing (assuming you have racing in mind ?) like a 22, SV2, DEX210, TC02/C etc.

Most RTR brushless buggies except for the DEX210 & the TLR 22 would soon have you wanting to upgrade, so personally I'd rather spend a bit more getting the right gear once instead of having to buy everything twice, if you can... (even secondhand)

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 29-12-2012

See a lot of new guys running them, dont seem terrible, but i've never seen a competitive one.
Old 30-12-2012

Buy a cheap rtr brushless team c ...that would be better.
Old 30-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by single cab View Post
Buy a cheap rtr brushless team c ...that would be better.
Slightly better in the respect of having a reasonable base to spec up when you want/need to upgrade (binning the weak plastic shocks for example). The electrics aren't great either, you'd probably end up replacing the cheapo ESC & sensorless motor sooner than you think.

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 30-12-2012

Cheers for the tips all (need to check my settings, not getting alerts to replies at the mo).

TBH may be a bit of of both, bit of general running around, but ultimately more than likely returning to some EPR days

No huge rush to go out and buy, so may settle down to the FS sections and see whats around for my budget, not massive at the moment, which is what kind of drew me to this one tbh.

Cheers
matt
Old 30-12-2012

I find the team c jekyll brushless rtr better than the other one . For a low price probably the best choice , if you dont want to spend a lot ( budget thinks ) ...or?
Old 30-12-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

As a returnee a RTR is a bad move IMO. You'll end up replacing it all sooner rather than later...
Old 30-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
As a returnee a RTR is a bad move IMO. You'll end up replacing it all sooner rather than later...
True true...will prob not like most the gear that comes with anyway...used to like my old Novak 10.5s and Ezruns as well as the Spektrums....