Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 05-01-2012

Default Professional marshalls!!

Probably a stupid question but... Has any club tried paying people to be marshalls??! Something like charging racers £2 extra and asking 4 or 5 local teenagers or others to marshall for maybe a tenner a night...
Old 05-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

have a team race where you only marshall your team's car. then watch how fast people marshall haha. proof they can do it...
Old 05-01-2012

Ive thought about this many of times for bigger meeting, however the problem you then have is people switching off as proven by some people for even just 5 minutes.

You will always have good and bad marshalling for many reasons unfortunately, you can only ask that people do their best.

I don't think you can increase the price of club racing as I think it's expensive enough because of all overheads involved. At our new facility in Northampton we went 4 week without breaking even due to such high rent!
Old 05-01-2012

I'm thinking more of saving time to be honest - our marshalling standards are usually ok but would things move quicker without waiting for marshalls to get out? Or would it ruin club atmosphere if everyone just concentrates on themselves all night??
Old 05-01-2012
Gypsy Member

i have suggested this i was gonna pay a lad a tenner to marshall for me when i had a biking injury one week . i ended up just limping about on track but .
according to brca a substitute marshall can be used if he is agreed to be ok by the race controller ect.
so in theory youcould have a pit bitch and marshall on your team who was basically a racing butler

sounds good dont it
Old 05-01-2012
Stu-Perstar

One major problem with this is that you have to be a BRCA member to be on the track at any time.
If you have seperate marshalls who are not racers and do not have membership then they can not be on the track at all.
How many racers do you know that will marshal all day and not race?
Old 05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eda View Post
I'm thinking more of saving time to be honest - our marshalling standards are usually ok but would things move quicker without waiting for marshalls to get out? Or would it ruin club atmosphere if everyone just concentrates on themselves all night??
If you're not out to Marshall for the next heat then you lose your fastest time....simple. It works for UMCC and we at CVMCC have done it in the past. With the numbers you are getting at the Drop Inn you need to keep it to 2 minutes between heats to keep on time. There should be plenty of time with all your heats to get cars and cells sorted.
http://www.craigavonmcc.co.uk
2018 1/5th Scale Northern Ireland Superbike Champion
2019 1/5th Scale Northern Ireland Superbike Champion
http://www.craigavonmcc.co.uk
Old 05-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
One major problem with this is that you have to be a BRCA member to be on the track at any time.
If you have seperate marshalls who are not racers and do not have membership then they can not be on the track at all.
You are correct, however technically the club would be employing people to marshall which in itself in a whole new kettle of fish.
Old 05-01-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
You are correct, however technically the club would be employing people to marshall which in itself in a whole new kettle of fish.
yup as if your paying them, you then become responsible for thier saftey, ic euros, they normally provide marshals, one i did used the local scouts