Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011

Default Next FORCC Wednesday Race Meeting (7/9/2011)

Post deleted to avoid confusion. Next weeks meeting will be run as normal.

Regards,
Jon.

Old 01-09-2011
Mad Member

hey john

why dont you have a practice session next wednesday build the track and set pc up put it on a practice session, drivers could collect a transponder and adjust there cars over a few hours and improve setups. in my veiw that would help drivers alot rather than 10 mins of racing and a rushed over crouded practice.

just a thought.

stu
Old 02-09-2011

+1 to what Stuart said, Having a practise session would be awesome, Just say you can only be racing for 5 minutes at a time so it allows everyone a chance to have there time. And if possible on the computer put it on a practise session and it shows everyones lap times, e.t.c.
Old 02-09-2011
Mad Member

Who's going to monitor the 5 minutes, check for frequency clashes, arrange marshals etc?

Leave as Jon has suggested. No points to be won so you can still take the opportunity to try some setup changes.

And if the time is spread equally rather than some drivers having 20 minute stints, then you'll not get much more than 10 minutes each anyway! Last week there were nearly 50 drivers!
Old 02-09-2011

What glue are you planing on using?
Old 02-09-2011
Mad Member

why would you need to monitor the times just leave as open practice with the times being called out by the pc lap by lap. you can do a hell of a lot of steup work with open practice rather than two 5 min runs.

+1 for me
Old 03-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Who's going to monitor the 5 minutes, check for frequency clashes, arrange marshals etc?

Leave as Jon has suggested. No points to be won so you can still take the opportunity to try some setup changes.

And if the time is spread equally rather than some drivers having 20 minute stints, then you'll not get much more than 10 minutes each anyway! Last week there were nearly 50 drivers!
its good to see 50+ drivers with a extened practice session from 6pm to 9pm there would be no need to rush and get out to practice before racing starts yes drivers will be on track for 20mins they will also be off track for 30mins cooling there cars down charging batts etc so pick your slot and go practice.

even if you done one 20min run you would have more track time than 2 rounds.

it was just a thought the commitee have the final word.

stu.
Old 03-09-2011

Is it really a such a big issue running a practice session. with the round by round format you run, your not really racing anyway.
The idea is you run say 10 laps see how it feels change somthing and go again. If you run 20mins its gona take 45 to 50 mins to charge back up whats the point of that
It would also give me a chance to run my car agaist Stu, Ed ect so I can see where I'm going wrong, I would have thought most of the normal quick guys from the B and C finals could get a real insight to there driving style from that.
With the new grippy floor the setup is very differant which makes a practice session even more worthwhile.
Plus might even improve some of the utterly disgusting driving that was occuring Wed
Closed Thread