Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 29-08-2008

Default Fisker still on track to deliver Karma by end of 2009

Click above for high-res gallery of the Fisker Karma
Fisker Automotive may be knee-deep in a legal battle with electric car pioneer Tesla Motors, but the fledgling automaker is still committed to producing its stunning Karma plug-in electric vehicle by Q4 2009. Henrik Fisker and crew have received so much negative press regarding the pending lawsuit that it issued a press release to ensure prospective buyers that that the Karma was on its way, but also to explain where its PHEV technology originates.
Fisker calls the lawsuit "nonsense," and points out that his design company, Fisker Coachbuild, has non-exlusive design contracts with many automakers. The press release, which is available after the jump, shows that Fisker is getting its PHEV tech from a company called Quantum Technologies, which has also created electric vehicles for the U.S. Armed Forces. The release doesn't specifically address Tesla's contention that Fisker stole electric vehicle design secrets, but then again it's probably not a good idea to discuss pending litigation in any real detail.
It seems as though Tesla Motors is just a little peeved that the Karma's design is superior to the one Fisker Coachbuild designed for its upcoming WhiteStar sedan, which we're hoping to see soon so we can know what all the fuss is about.
Old 29-08-2008
Mad Member

Nice! What's suggested retail price?

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 29-08-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

Er, its electric, I get that bit but what is this post doing in this particular section . I mean, it's not even a truck for heavens sake (although I guess Tesla would probably call it one).

Perhaps Mr Fisker should re-post this topic himself in the "I made this" section .

Anyhoo, if it runs on LiPo, does that mean I'd have to park it in a huge charging pouch if I bought one .