Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 28-04-2015

hi Mark, thanks for the info but I have already taken the plunge.. supsatox gt with low pivot thingy, diff, 1s lipo and 2 sets of contacts.. no motor or servo but i have something in the pit box to drop in.. £60 all in.. no doubt ill be back on here looking for info of course but the guys at the track are a helpful bunch..
Old 29-04-2015

This is a massive thank you to Sam (Shiny) who recommended getting the XR Mini receiver. It came today, £10 and it works with my Core RC Sport radio gear.
Picture is attached. It's blinking tiny!!

Yet more weight loss... Happy days

Thanks again Sam.
Are you there tomorrow night?
Old 29-04-2015

Glad you like.......Doesnt save much weight only grams but gives a lot more room in the chassis for placing and weight distribution.
Those Core recievers are a blast from the past.....distant past with the size of them.
As for racing yes i'll be there this week, might be bleery eye'd as im on an early shift, but will be there. And next week got a rest day next week.

How did the car go on Sunday Stu? Did you race?

Hopefully see you and a new slimline GT tomorow.

Shiny.
Old 30-04-2015

Sam
It's a really good addition. 4grams lighter but as you say, gives more room on the chassis and looks a lot neater too!

I've not raced since all the changes so I'm very keen to get back on track. Sadly tonight I have had to postpone coming the Maritime, I have to work late. Yuk!!

There is a little RC club in Horsham I may give a try out as I am away for a week as of Saturday so no racing for potentially three weeks!!

I am going to enter the BRCA Nationals at Cambs in July. That should be a fun outting. Can't seem the see the outline of the day tho... Are the all day affairs?
Old 30-04-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucartwright View Post
Sam
It's a really good addition. 4grams lighter but as you say, gives more room on the chassis and looks a lot neater too!

I've not raced since all the changes so I'm very keen to get back on track. Sadly tonight I have had to postpone coming the Maritime, I have to work late. Yuk!!

There is a little RC club in Horsham I may give a try out as I am away for a week as of Saturday so no racing for potentially three weeks!!

I am going to enter the BRCA Nationals at Cambs in July. That should be a fun outting. Can't seem the see the outline of the day tho... Are the all day affairs?
The national serries finished last Sunday.and no official start announced for next season.
Old 30-04-2015

Apologies...
I meant regionals.. See the link.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166793
Old 30-04-2015

Eastern Regionals are all day affairs - Cambridge will open doors at 09:30 and be finished by 16:30. Others mat vary a bit, but most of the day. Entries are coming in strong, so should be good again this year. I will add details for the day in a few days.
Old 01-05-2015

Default superstox

Hi all have been looking at getting a schumacher superstox question is will the original version be any good to a average club racer or do I go for the gt one don't want to spend a fortune just in case I don't like it thanx oh and what should I look for as regards hop ups and tyres
Old 01-05-2015
Mad Member

Stock car can still be competitive in the right hands for sure.

A guy rented our 'club car' at WORM and he's an experienced racer. He had no problem sticking it in the A-final. Qualified 3rd amongst some fast drivers and finished in 5th.

If you're going to get an old one just make sure it has a diff. Otherwise you might as well get the S1 GT which is £90 with a diff and has a brand new set of tyres along with all the other extras you get on the GT! I'd recommend the GT over the old car though. If you didn't like it, you'd easily be able to sell the S1 GT for not a lot less then you pay for it new!

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 01-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossiracer View Post
Hi all have been looking at getting a schumacher superstox question is will the original version be any good to a average club racer or do I go for the gt one don't want to spend a fortune just in case I don't like it thanx oh and what should I look for as regards hop ups and tyres
Mk1 is still a good car
I can do u a good mk1 with lots of options and special parts with a diff 50 plus post with wet new tyres and new body unpainted, was my team car.

Last edited by mark christopher; 01-05-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Parker View Post
Eastern Regionals are all day affairs - Cambridge will open doors at 09:30 and be finished by 16:30. Others mat vary a bit, but most of the day. Entries are coming in strong, so should be good again this year. I will add details for the day in a few days.
Thanks John
That's great info, and I will very much look forward to it.
How many heats do you normally run as its so long, I assume more?
Old 01-05-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
we wont mention the tap you gave the faster car while taking you on the inside line to the loop in the round that the tap cost me moving into the next final then pdw
Hugely embarrassing moment of complete brain fade for which I plead guilty as charged Sir Mark. Still, it made for a good race in our final!
Old 01-05-2015

Chaps...
Just had my servo act like it had interference, one direction was really slow the other was fine... Then it looked all ok again, and then the wheels locked to the left I think and now nothing.. after smelling something suspiciously like it burnt out...

If this is the process of a servo going on me..

What should I replace it with? Mark and SlowOne, what do you have in your cars?
Old 02-05-2015

Hi Stu,
Looking back thro the posts Mark's car's looks to be running the coreRC servo's.

The CoreRC servo's are very popular and cheap to boot which is a bonus. Check out MB models best price i've seen.

Not sure about Slowone's, but there are a lot of servo's out there and some are pricey.

Toms car has a core servo, mines got a savox. Looking at the two the core seems to have a smoother operation than the savox so was gonna change over to the core on my car.
But i must say that is only my opinion, i haven't seen any of the more expensive servos in operation only the popular ones ie core and savox.
Old 02-05-2015
Mad Member

I've used both a Futaba 9650 - default option for 12th cars, simply the best you can buy - and the Core RC version. Can't fault the Core.

Note that for the GT a 9650 won't fit properly. The spindle ends up way off centre. Real schoolboy error from Schumacher as so many of these servos are used by other classes and available.

Avoid Savox servos. Almost any time someone has a problem with interference or electrics cutting out there is a Savox involved. I don't know what it is, but it seems the Savox is rather picky about which servo and speedo it is used with.

So, for your car Stu, go for the Core item as it is good and will drop straight in. As far as I know, Mark has had his for an age and races often, so I don't think there is a problem with reliability or life. If MB have them for a discount then I'd let my fingers do the walking!!
Old 02-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucartwright View Post
Thanks John
That's great info, and I will very much look forward to it.
How many heats do you normally run as its so long, I assume more?
Last year we ran 4 rounds of qually and 2 leg finals at each round. There's some pics and results from last year here
Old 02-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
Hugely embarrassing moment of complete brain fade for which I plead guilty as charged Sir Mark. Still, it made for a good race in our final!
Forgiven was a dam good day and I did see your backed end break awayfirst., as you say good final race,
Old 02-05-2015

Have 2 9650 but now run cores, had one of the originals without the white writing on that was a pre core one, both been faultless
Ran my 9650 in my wgt and did the gears so it now has a metal gear set.

For the money and easy installation it has to be the core
Old 02-05-2015

As with any digital servo you must set your end points so the servo does not stall and must make sure title under no load in neutral make sure the hubs move free on the king pins, it they don't slacken off the m3 but holding them in the hub.
Old 03-05-2015

Hi Sam

Apologies for not texting you back; I am away overseas now and texts are silly expensive.. (Not tight really, rather spend it on the car!)

I am very pleased to hear the overwhelming consensus is the Core Servo is the way to go, I am still a little intrigued as to what happened to my servo. I have my end points nicely trimmed, all moving parts secure and no overloading/resistance to burn out the servo... So who knows...

Anyhow, will order a new one while I am away and get to it when I return.

Have ordered a Thunder Power motor too.. If you can't beat em join em... (Cant remember if I have already said this) Senility setting in...