Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 08-01-2015

Default Cable Tidying

Hey guys i'm pretty new to this lipo and brushless, anyways I've hooked everything up and then cable tidied all the wires so it's more tidy, my question is should the servo wire and esc to receiver wire be cable tide seperate to the esc to motor wire with this getting hot? I'm only asking because I don't want to burn the servo wires which seem quiet flimsy compared to 14 gauge wire the esc has. any help is appreciated.
Old 08-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevden45 View Post
Hey guys i'm pretty new to this lipo and brushless, anyways I've hooked everything up and then cable tidied all the wires so it's more tidy, my question is should the servo wire and esc to receiver wire be cable tide seperate to the esc to motor wire with this getting hot? I'm only asking because I don't want to burn the servo wires which seem quiet flimsy compared to 14 gauge wire the esc has. any help is appreciated.
Don't know what car you are running, but what i did was Google my car and "wiring layout" and I saw lots of examples. I then found one I liked and replicated it. ive never tied servo leads to motor cables so can't answer. For servo lead I spiral it round a screwdriver and it gIves a nice coiled effect

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 09-01-2015

the motor wire should never get hot enough to damage the servo wires. Even the beefiest setups only get to a wire temp of 50 or so degrees.

However the motor wires do carry a big switching load, which can be a source of interference. so its not a bad idea to get a little seperation

Tom
TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR 22 5.0 AC Elite,

Kindly Supported by Trackside Spares, TLR, Spektrum and Horizon Hobby
Old 09-01-2015

Okay cheers guys, also I was wondering rather than soldering the wire's from the esc to motor is it possible to use bullet connectors inbetween to make it easier to swap motors around? ?Or will that create a short?
Old 09-01-2015

You can use bullet connectors, just make sure you use heat shrink to insulate the cables from each other to avoid shorting.

I personally always solder the connection directly from ESC to motor though, it only takes a few mins to unsolder the connections to change a motor.