Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 29-07-2009

Lightbulb RT5 September?

So these should be in at local rc shops by September is this the latest News on the ETA.
Old 16-08-2009

They are shipped out to Hobbyshops.

I got mine a week ago, built it in 3 hours and drove it the next day at a club race. I think the stock springs are to soft as my front end kept dumping into the turns causing the rear to get loose, didnt have springs yet to change so I went to more pack up front and it was way better.

Rumor is street price will be comparable to the Losi Truck.
Old 10-09-2009

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

Anyone got one yet? Any reports from those that have been available in the U.S?
Old 13-09-2009

I've got one!

It arrived to Kyosho Sweden this wednesday, I built it on friday and raced it in a national event on saturday (yesterday).

I've never owned a stadiumtruck before so it was a new experience to drive it. In sweden we don't have an official stadiumtruck class but in one of the summer cups we race it basically without rules other than the car type .

Yesterdays event was one of those. We were only 4 attendees since this is only the second ever event in sweden with the car type allowed. I TQed ahead of this year's Norwegian 2WD champion Roy Gjemble. The car felt really good even though the pack appeared to be way to high in the suspension. I tried to build if with Tebo's winning HRH Shootout setup. I had no problems other than that the steering rod kept getting loose, a stupid build error.

With some work done and proper tires (Kyosho Sweden didn't get any wheels delivered so I only had one pair of rear tires) I could probably have gone a lot faster.. but it the point in bying the car was to have fun and that was really accomplished

In the end I finished second in the event after trashing the rear t-plate in the last final. But all in all, a very good car which is super fun to drive!

Kyosho Ultima RB-5 SP
/ Lazer ZX-5 FS / Ultima RT-5
Orion - DesirePower - Futaba - Savöx

Kyosho Sweden
AutoPartner RC
Mr 'O' Racing Foams

rc.pererik.nu
Old 13-09-2009

I was hoping they would be out in the UK this week as I have a truck meeting next Sunday and have sold my T4 in expectation of the RT5 being released!! Fingers crossed Kyosho UK will have a bit of good news sometime this week .
Glad you enjioyed the truck but what happened to the rear chassis plate?
Old 14-09-2009
Mad Member

Erm,

The car's been available for a good 2 weeks now...
Old 14-09-2009

I have been checking the main shops for any sign on their sites but there has been none. Where have you seen them available dude?
Old 14-09-2009
Mad Member

Maybe just the shops you've looked at aren't stocking them... It's not a popular class at all over here mate, but any shop can order it...
Old 15-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
I was hoping they would be out in the UK this week as I have a truck meeting next Sunday and have sold my T4 in expectation of the RT5 being released!! Fingers crossed Kyosho UK will have a bit of good news sometime this week .
Glad you enjioyed the truck but what happened to the rear chassis plate?
I gota a jump a little wrong and it cracked the plate next to one of the screwes in the rear.. the mount came loose and the arm poped out.

Kyosho Ultima RB-5 SP
/ Lazer ZX-5 FS / Ultima RT-5
Orion - DesirePower - Futaba - Savöx

Kyosho Sweden
AutoPartner RC
Mr 'O' Racing Foams

rc.pererik.nu
Old 17-09-2009

Send a message via MSN to purpletimbo

I can't see any UK listings, let alone stock, but here is one
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-Ultima-RT...825151001r8045
Old 17-09-2009

Yeah I have been looking at ebay but the only actual shop I have seen with stock is AMain Hobbies!! I have looked at Apex, DMS, Microtech, M-K-Racing, Modelsport, Models In Motion and Speedy Models but there is no mention of it anywhere. A bit disappointing really as it means that spares are going to take longer to arrive if no shops keep stock.
Old 17-09-2009
Mad Member

No shops are stocking the car because the class is so small in this country. Just give your local shop a call they can order it for you. As for spares most of the car is the same as the RB5, just arms, shock towers, driveshafts and a few bits and bobs are different.
Old 17-09-2009

I hear what you are saying but I hate to see Kyosho at a disadvantage when it comes to the marketing of a new truck. The class may be small but it seems to be growing and you can find T4, E-Firestorm, Macnum, X60 and even XXXCR-T and speed-T spares in stock at a few different places.
Old 05-10-2009

This Weekend there was an INDOOR Racing in Germany! I run my Kyosho Truck for the first Time,and after a hard Battle,i Win the Class! Great start for a new CAR. Here are some Pictures! http://www.rc-cars-koengen.de/module...cat.php?cid=65

I post the Setup for the Truck Later! Has anybody an Editable Setupsheet for the Truck??

Greets

Kim Sitensky