Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 02-10-2008

How come there seems to be a stance for "top driver" to be staying away from the indoor series this year?

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 03-10-2008
Mad Member

Something to do with the cells they are wanting to use, may not be allowed in the indoor series. Im sure they are more than happy to do all rounds of a certain indoor series that allows the use of these cells. Not fact but just what i think.
Old 04-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
Something to do with the cells they are wanting to use, may not be allowed in the indoor series. Im sure they are more than happy to do all rounds of a certain indoor series that allows the use of these cells. Not fact but just what i think.
i think i know which serie's you meani was there last sundayit was ace,so may not bother with regional's eitheri just can't beleive lipo's are not allowed as of now,there uesd in every day consumer electrical good's for heaven's sake.they don't even bother charging with lipo sack's
Old 06-10-2008
Mad Member

I'm sure we don't want the regionals to be poorly attended though, otherwise it may not warrant hosting them??? Then if there's no regionals, it will mean you need to attend the Worksop series for winter racing, which could get expensive.
I was adding up the cost:

1 round of Worksop:
2 sets tyres £30
Hotel room £50
Fuel £30
Booking in fee £10
Food and drink £40
Without any breakages or little impulse buys from the models shop it's £160 per round x 6 rounds = £720

Plus 4 indoor regionals (fuel + tyres+entry+entry fees) £180
Plus finals (£100)

Thats getting on for £1300 for winter racing. Madness for toy car racing!
Old 06-10-2008

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

I don't think the regionals have been that poorly attended, at least our region puts on indoor regionals. Other regions don't.

As for wacattacks comment on top drivers not attending, if you're referring to Worksop. Most were at the 1/8th rallycross at Pendle, a re-scheduled round. You have to remember a lot of the top 10th guys now either do 1/8th aswell or have moved across to 1/8th totally.

As for costing going to race meetings, i'd still do the North East meetings as they are the best run and best attended. I only stopped in 1 hotel on my trips up North to the Scotland border for this years regionals. Early Sat/Sun mornings and the A1 return a nice 55mpg which beats youth hostel prices hands down.

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 06-10-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
I'm sure we don't want the regionals to be poorly attended though, otherwise it may not warrant hosting them??? Then if there's no regionals, it will mean you need to attend the Worksop series for winter racing, which could get expensive.
I was adding up the cost:

1 round of Worksop:
2 sets tyres £30
Hotel room £50
Fuel £30
Booking in fee £10
Food and drink £40
Without any breakages or little impulse buys from the models shop it's £160 per round x 6 rounds = £720

Plus 4 indoor regionals (fuel + tyres+entry+entry fees) £180
Plus finals (£100)

Thats getting on for £1300 for winter racing. Madness for toy car racing!
Bloody typical of you that Chris. If my wife sees that im done for. By the way. You dont need 2 sets of tyres for Worksop and the hotel was only £20 each. You have been booked in for the next round so deal with it.
Old 07-10-2008
Mad Member

I understand chrissy p's point totally. If the top drivers use 3 sets of tyres in 1 meeting then most other people will follow suit. If they use 2 sets then everyone else will use 2 etc. I cant see any benefit in using Lipos yet... And Im not sure about Lipo's being used in every day consumer electrical goods. Lithium ion batteries are commonly used but not lithium polimers which explode...

Everyone with lipos should watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3o_2mwRPdw

If anybodies lipos blew up like that they could seriously harm someone....
Old 07-10-2008
Lee-Mag

Who uses 2 sets of tyres indoors?

i used ones from the indoor finals and they were fine. if anyone used 2 sets of tyres they either get them free or are loaded

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 07-10-2008
Mad Member

Have you raced worksop before? This year in the indoor nationals some of the A finalists used 3 sets of tyres before their finals. I used 2 sets of mini pins and was about 2 laps down. Worksop is a horrible surface...
Old 07-10-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

I believe Lee made the B-Main at the first round of worksop! Minipins work really well when they are worn in alot of cases and less edgey than brand spankers
Old 07-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7ELA View Post
Have you raced worksop before? This year in the indoor nationals some of the A finalists used 3 sets of tyres before their finals. I used 2 sets of mini pins and was about 2 laps down. Worksop is a horrible surface...

You need more talent, not tires
Old 07-10-2008
Mad Member

ouch.....
Old 08-10-2008
Mad Member

Quote:

Then they need to get a life because used tyres work better there than brand new tyres, i can garantee your result wasn't down to the tyres. Last year I made most A's there and used two sets for the whole series.
Old 08-10-2008
Mad Member

well i'd be disappointed not to see any regionals this winter that's all i have to say.
Old 08-10-2008
Lee-Mag

Quote:

I used tyres from the indoor finals actually so they already had 5 runs on them, plus a club night at york and then a full day at worksop. I actually went 5th in rd 1 with them and could of done the same in other rounds but my thum became unbound from my brain, in a spektrum stylee

I will probably scrub in a set in practice though at the next round as the rears are a little worn now

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 08-10-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You only need 1 set of tyres per round at Worksop

Scrubbing the tyres on the day (practice) is what I do, I've found if you use a set that are already worn (even from a week before) the rubber is slightly harder and they dont work as well as softer fresh tyres.

The indoor finals were a bit different (I used 3 sets in 4wd) as you're looking for the last few tenths, but if you run wide on a couple of corners or have a mistake mid-run, fresher rubber makes no difference.
Old 08-10-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
You only need 1 set of tyres per round at Worksop

Scrubbing the tyres on the day (practice) is what I do, I've found if you use a set that are already worn (even from a week before) the rubber is slightly harder and they dont work as well as softer fresh tyres.

The indoor finals were a bit different (I used 3 sets in 4wd) as you're looking for the last few tenths, but if you run wide on a couple of corners or have a mistake mid-run, fresher rubber makes no difference.

And thats my original point proved...
Old 08-10-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
And thats my original point proved...
Not quite

What I'm saying is new rubber makes such little difference, it might be 1 or 2 seconds over a whole run - not 2 laps. It also depends on how much carpet there is, if it was 100% floor you'd want baldies as once the dust is off the line after round 1 or so slicks work well
Old 08-10-2008
Mad Member

The point i was trying to get across was that the top drivers set a trend using several sets of tyres which encourages slower drivers to do the same. And waste money.

I'm not trying to blame my poor driving on tyres. That was down to worksops nightlife...

I simply meant that my brand new mini pins were crap after 3 races and the fact that i was 2 laps down means they should have lasted longer...
Old 08-10-2008
Lee-Mag

I disagree, i noticed no difference in lap times as my tyres wore, if anything the car got easier to drive, it was less aggressive on the carpet and more grip on the rubber as the track cleaned up

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com