Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 22-04-2013
Mad Member

I know people are saying we can easily buy full spikes but why should we have to buy the tyre for one meeting a year...(as i, like other will not be attending Kendal) as I wouldn't use these at any other track as 90% of all tracks in the UK are either full astro or multi surface with astro. I agree with woody if it was dry there wouldn't have been a problem as the full spike probably wouldn't have been an advantage but as soon as it turned into a bog they we considerably faster. Otherwise it was a shame as i thought the layout was very good
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 22-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony12795 View Post
Maybe we should vote or discuss at the end of the year with the Wood master
On behalf of requests from my fellow members at Southport, I tabled the motion to introduce control tyres at the last Regional meeting (even though I don't agree with it myself - there's democracy).

The motion was discussed and voted against, by the majority of club representatives. I would suggest if people feel strongly about it they raise it through their club rep again next year.
Old 22-04-2013

If we want to stop arguments about tyres, go to control tyres next year. My personal view is the opposite. Yes Nationals are tightly controlled formal affairswith strict tyre rules, but they are meant to find the Country's best driver; some of the top guys would have the capability to gain an advantage big time otherwise! In the regions let's have a bit more fun and be more flexible and creative. I would however say that any tyre used should be commercially available in the UK at the time of the event. Then it is fair for everyone. But I'm happy whatever the outcome - the lads just love to race.

And, while we are having friendly banter, Luke and Josh loved getting full of mud and even went marshalling those who wanted to Bash round the track whilst we were all packing up! They were looking forward to racing on more grass tracks - especially when it' raining. They have now changed there mind because I've told them to clean their cars. Luke's in the "it's not fair" mode because he has two cars to clean. Little Josh (8 y o) missunderstood the word "clean" and interpreted it as "full and very complete dismantle!" At 8 he can totally strip down a car but not rebuild it. Luke refuses to do it, so it's another couple of night's work for me.
Old 22-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitman Ed View Post
If we want to stop arguments about tyres, go to control tyres next year. My personal view is the opposite. Yes Nationals are tightly controlled formal affairswith strict tyre rules, but they are meant to find the Country's best driver; some of the top guys would have the capability to gain an advantage big time otherwise! In the regions let's have a bit more fun and be more flexible and creative. I would however say that any tyre used should be commercially available in the UK at the time of the event. Then it is fair for everyone. But I'm happy whatever the outcome - the lads just love to race.

And, while we are having friendly banter, Luke and Josh loved getting full of mud and even went marshalling those who wanted to Bash round the track whilst we were all packing up! They were looking forward to racing on more grass tracks - especially when it' raining. They have now changed there mind because I've told them to clean their cars. Luke's in the "it's not fair" mode because he has two cars to clean. Little Josh (8 y o) missunderstood the word "clean" and interpreted it as "full and very complete dismantle!" At 8 he can totally strip down a car but not rebuild it. Luke refuses to do it, so it's another couple of night's work for me.
That's where you're going wrong..... Tell him no clean car.... No race. He'll soon have it clean then.
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 22-04-2013
Stu-Perstar

I really don't understand? Both tq cars had ballistic buggy tyres on not full spikes.
Old 23-04-2013

i thought it was off road racing!!!
Old 23-04-2013

Interestingly enough, both my brothers and I are all of a very similar ability and two of us used full spikes, but the one that didn't got the fastest time
KF, XB4 2014
Old 23-04-2013

Dont take all the fun out of regionals by adding control tire rules. 16.98 for a set of tyres that have lasted me over 3 years ! damm good value !

Old 23-04-2013
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Maybe if people would of decided to come to the meeting and not suggested just the clubs come to the meeting then things might of been different.

All these things can be talked about if and when people come to a meeting.

Anyway, I thought it was a good venue and everybody would of loved it if it was dry!

I have to think about the safety of all drivers and marshals and there was alot of people slipping and if a car hit them in the head while on the floor, then what would you all say?

Sorry safety first.
I know we all should ware the correct shoes but we all don't have walking boots.
after watching that poor marshal in heat six fall on his ass 3-4 times and then watched everyone laugh and clap at him I think the right decision was made, and it looked like he was wearing boots
Old 23-04-2013

Quote:
I really don't understand? Both tq cars had ballistic buggy tyres on not full spikes.

Spot on Woody....
I wasn't there, but I've raced in my fair share of mud Ballistics have always been my choice. Yellow fullspikes are good on very slippy shiny floors.
I love racing on the grass tracks, I like the way they change round to round.... Proper off road, not artificial! LOL However I do agree that they are not always practical with our weather.
Old 23-04-2013
Mad Member

Default *

Found it interested reading all the reviews on this subject. Think a couple of things of interest:

a) Believe that it was mentioned that there was no controlled tires simply so the bog standard racer would be able to race with a RTR car without additional cost, however this also allows the experienced racer to use tires through their experience so they can use that advantage.

b) Under no illusion that I had a crap day but that was my fault and lack of preparation so if dry would probably been higher but them are the breaks - same at kiddy

c) Think woody mentioned that we have a lack of tracks so think its mad to stop grass tracks as if we have 6 rounds between 2 of 3 venues then the quick lads will have an advantage

Again guys think we all just had a bad day so we need to take it on the chins and learn from this however was speaking to a friend at nationals who mentioned that all thir regionals are in June, July and August so think we need to consider the track and time so that we can have the best chance of a reasonably dry day or just a shower. Think if it was the saturday then people would be commenting of different issues ie how good the day was

Them the breaks
Old 23-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
To be fair woody.. Wasn't that you? Being F1 and A finalist at a national that's a given
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 23-04-2013

And all the extra laps Woody was given :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
To be fair woody.. Wasn't that you? Being F1 and A finalist at a national that's a given
Old 23-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer Mulcahy View Post
My personal opinion (and this is MY OPINION) I don't think there is a place for grass tracks in this day and age with the state of the British weather. When I started racing (thirty years ago now) there was only grass tracks but the weather was or seemed a lot better (we actually had a summer). Now with the invention of AstroTurf and the technology within which enables very hard wearing AstroTurf has made us have truly all weather racing, just two sets of tyres needed for wet or dry. Not many cancelled meetings due to rain safer for marshals. Maybe grass for club meetings but regionals and nationals where people travel a distance astro only. As I say this is my opinion only and not a slur to the fantastic organisation of the barrow club but the weather won again.

My opinion is that:

Grass Tracks are good though

HOWEVER grass tracks with flat pipes and shit track markings is no good

Nor is a track without a proper rostrum.

Venues without these key features shouldn't be allowed to host a BRCA sanctioned event.
Old 23-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
My opinion is that:

Venues without these key features shouldn't be allowed to host a BRCA sanctioned event.
... so ur down to Bury Stoke and southport for next years regional then. and did all of these clubs pop up instantly with rostrums on perminant venues? or did thay all mayb start small and work there way up ?

Old 23-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
My opinion is that:

Ever so slightly harsh I think.......
The event was fine it was just the weather that did us all over.
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 23-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty_big_flip View Post
... so ur down to Bury Stoke and southport for next years regional then. and did all of these clubs pop up instantly with rostrums on perminant venues? or did thay all mayb start small and work there way up ?
Start small and then work you're way up to a being a decent venue.

THEN get considered for a regional, where you have to pay £10 per class to race.
Old 23-04-2013

Didn't attend due to work, weather aside what were the results?
Old 23-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
Ever so slightly harsh I think.......
The event was fine it was just the weather that did us all over.
Agreed!
No need for the harsh points they did a good job to be fair.
Even enjoyed the rostrum!!
And the track didnt get too rutted either
Good job even though I ended up on my arse a few times!
Old 23-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazhillAE View Post
Agreed!
No need for the harsh points they did a good job to be fair.
Even enjoyed the rostrum!!
And the track didnt get too rutted either
Good job even though I ended up on my arse a few times!
My points was not directed at barrow! I did not even attend.

It was my opinion.