Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Barley Mow RC - Tyne and Wear

Old 21-08-2011

Default Thanks for the welcome

Hello all,

Just a quick question and a thank you for the help this evening when I popped over.

As said, I'll be mostly racing buggies in Seaham but I'm looking to keep using my old Touring car and I really liked the club.

I got a post going trying to identify the thing but until then I got a quick question - what type of foam tyres would you recommend? I'm going to need grip as my touring car is a little on the heavy side

(you can guess from the pictures)
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78525

It will be using a 13.5T brushless motor (I think) with a 35A hobbywing ESC over a 27mhz transmitter (not shown on pictures, that's my 10 year old setup). Power will be from my 5000mah 35c saddle lipos wired correctly and side by side where the Nicd battery currently is.
Old 04-09-2011

Well that didn't work.

Apart from 4 separate parts of the car falling off (steering link, hub fixing screw, bolt on the spur gear the the bolt on the otherside before the whole gearing system shifted to the right and disabled the rear wheel drive).

That's not including the loss of a grub screw attaching the rear drive shaft to the right wheel - and in 2 races I didn't finish a single lap!

As such I can safely say - the HT1 is retired. I even brought a higher tooth pinion wheel as I thought it would be too slow!

I've got an Mi2 on order but I have decided to get a cheap Ansmann ARE2 and work up to the Mi2 (the time will allow me to learn about rebuilding things like diffs). This will allow me to get used to driving again, the thing can take a beating and spares for it are dirty cheap.

As such, see you next week and thanks for all the help guys