Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 21-05-2009

ah, so... if those corally 4200 35c (presumably the 2009 brca/efra legal ones) fit, chances are the LRP 4800 40c (192 Amp!? 280g) are good to go fit wise...!
Old 21-05-2009
Mad Member

the difference is that the new parts are meant to be mounted on the left side of the car, where ... when you drive sadle-packs, you have no room to mount a servo ...

unless you use a stickpack, on the right side of the car and thus mount all the electronics on the left side
Old 21-05-2009
Mad Member

Ive looked at the car, someone correct me if im wrong, but the orange steering parts will not work if mounted as the o.e set up, thats with the servo on the opposite side to the motor..

Cheers

Nick
Old 21-05-2009

That's right, to use them with saddle packs you would need to modify them.
They were design for the stick pack chassis.
Old 22-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
Ive looked at the car, someone correct me if im wrong, but the orange steering parts will not work if mounted as the o.e set up, thats with the servo on the opposite side to the motor..

Cheers

Nick
Nick, if you read previous posts, you'll see that this is mentioned and explained allready previously
Old 22-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowie View Post
Nick, if you read previous posts, you'll see that this is mentioned and explained allready previously
LOL! Thank you for that... couldnt see anything obvious im afraid.. well other than kevs post below which was just after yours.. lol thanks for confirming Kev

Just to add though i dont think it would be possible to modify the orange parts (flipping arms over)..by trying to modify i reckon you would make the arms too weak by countersinking the little screws into the parts to clear the chassis.. If you just turned round, if you look at the side where the servo arm connects and then distance between the other arms it is different so the geometry wouldnt be right...??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzykev View Post
That's right, to use them with saddle packs you would need to modify them.
They were design for the stick pack chassis.
Old 22-05-2009

tried a few rough mockups of possible fits, found the lrp 4800s to be a lil too wide - like 2mm! - because of the prop' shaft... still thinking the robitronics are a go, same with non-brca-legal softpack lrp 5100s... gonna try realistic mockups to be sure though...
Old 22-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
..... i reckon you would make the arms too weak by countersinking the little screws into the parts to clear the chassis..
yup, I think so too.
and flipping over is indeed, not an option. The geometry will not be the same.
That's why, when I modded the original (blue) steering parts for use on the other side, I did not dremel a new countersink-part, or only a very thin part. I didn't want to weaken the parts, as you noticed.

The fact of not having the full "countersink" was not really a problem. The parts (ball, screw) were no tight fit as before but the are mounted firmly and without a problem.
And there were no issues in losing strength.

All I did actually was remove a part from the bottom-side, so that i was able to mount it on the other side of the car.
IMHO the same must be possible with the new steering parts.

Hope this can help you.