Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Hot Bodies / HPI

Old 02-02-2018

Default Novice D216 questions

Having just got one of these to get back into racing after a long break i have a couple of questions for you far more knowledgeable folks, 1 - bodies, is there a huge difference between the kit body and the ProLine one performance wise or is it more a case of what is more to your taste personally? 2 - Gearbox, i will be racing on astro so i appreciate i will have to get a new chassis sooner rather than later but as for the gearbox, will there be a laydown conversion at any point or do you think they will just release a new model instead? Thanks for any advice.
Old 04-02-2018

The proline shell makes the car more aggressive. I prefer the kit body. On high grip the alloy chassis is a must. Also running the alloy idler helps. The orange top hats on the carbon side braces if you fit them upside down and use a button head screw this will help stiffen the flex up. Adding weight in the front bulkhead helps
Their isn’t going to be a laydown conversion but their is a new car coming back end of the year
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk
Old 04-02-2018

Cheers for the advice, regarding the idler, do you know if Answer or MB are likely to restock any time soon or is it a case of getting one shipped in from the states?