Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Closed Thread

Old 25-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodgit View Post
Nice one the pair of you. My lad got a warning for using less offensive language than you two are printing for young kids to read. Keep it to pm,s or phone each other.
For the record I think sarah is being petty. She does,nt need or really want the domain so why not just sell it.
He could have had it for free had he just apologised and done the right thing.
Old 25-08-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
So you two are not in item?

I think you need to get a room and have some make up sex

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 25-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldmodels View Post
And that justifies that type of language ? Because in your opinion, he hasnt done the right thing
Old 25-08-2011
Administrator

Oh no, it's still kicking off!
Old 25-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
As a shop owner the only person suffering from this right now is you. I would think twice about buying from anyone who openly airs their problems on a forum with such language that they know kids WILL see.
The pair of you should edit your posts or this whole thing be deleted.
Old 25-08-2011

Default funny

I feel like i have been quoted by a journalist.
I was Quoted as "you havent done anything REALLY BAD to her"
In context, i actually posted, "Im sure you havent done anything really bad to her, but what does she THINK you have done?"

Other peoples opinions are always worthwhile, but yours is worth less than a wank in the shower.

Last edited by davidmog99; 26-08-2011 at 06:47 AM. Reason: removing the word twat
Old 25-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post

Nice drawing
Old 26-08-2011

@ davidmog99
I high-lighted only what YOU said. As for your actual post "Im sure you havent done anything really bad to her, but what does she THINK you have done?"
Saying “I’m sure” is an indicative way of saying your NOT positive, or do not know, so uncertainty there!! “But what does she THINK you have done “ Look and re-read this post again. It’s obvious that you missed something. Sarah has openly posted exactly what she feels “cosie” has done. One thing is for sure, since you have chosen not to adhere to a request made in the afore mentioned post, by bogit, that kids will read this and this is no place for this type of language , your single brain cell must be on leave!!
Old 26-08-2011
Mad Member

Old 26-08-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

All this for a toy car website, its not even affecting anyones personal livelehood/business/income...i use the micro forum a lot, and its a great resource. The shops on there have had good trade out of me as well, which I would not have known about had it not been for the micro forum. I found out about the micro forum by word of mouth,and googled it when I got home, and still found it okay as the first result!

Not sure why we are now on page 4 of this rather rediculous thread, when it could quite easily have been resolved in a quick and non public PM.
Old 26-08-2011

[QUOTE=showtime;545302]

im putting my handbag away.
Old 26-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Lol @ all the one post keyboard warriors who are wondering why this thrad is alive,

I think you'll find that ain't helping

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 26-08-2011
Super Moderator

Quote:
Lol @ all the one post keyboard warriors who are wondering why this thrad is alive,

I think you'll find that ain't helping
Personally fatty it's brightened up my Friday morning no end
Old 26-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
Personally fatty it's brightened up my Friday morning no end

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 26-08-2011
Super Moderator

Quote:
Old 26-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

bump
Old 26-08-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

That red stripey bag is going to win for sure!
Old 26-08-2011

registering similar domain names with different endings is nothing new

www.spektrumrc.co.uk

a mistype = instantly re-guided sales / hits
Old 26-08-2011

Quote:
I'm pist at what Cosie did on his forum rather than him doing the right thing and contacting me directly, isn't that what he's always saying when other people have a problem?

We're never going to like each other, but I know for my part, I was at least trying not to have a go at everything he said, and I think the same could be said for him. Remember, I bought this domain name nearly 18 months ago, and really hadn't done anything with it, Cosie was the one that made it an issue.

I'm affraid after reading on over the last four pages of Dog Poo posts, i Do have to say the problem seems to be not so much the publically available info was shared on public forum but that fact you've seen your arse about getting caught out.

If the whole shop thing was the reason for the domain name why was this not brought forward on your first post in stead of pages later...Did you need time to think it up.! Did you forget you wanted to start an on line shop? As a police detective myself some thing smells rather fishy about all this and thats not inuendo speaking.

By all account as mentioned before we're not talking Mcrosoft.com domain name here, This is a forum which is none profit tool for the uk micro racers, there's nothing big or clever about holding on to a domain name which wont make you any money, in a sence its costing you 20 odd quid a year......for what i might ask? and before you answer try make it different to "Cosie @"$£$ me off". its getting boring now.

I wont be the only person to think or mention the fact that this forum your posting on is hugh, Global as it where and your shop name is all over the title? I think the only mode you should be in right now is "Damage Limitation" as this is massivley bad PR by your self! Forget the i'm sorry if your sorry it wont mean anything and lets face it you arent going to be firends after this so just leave the domian run out or hand it over. Its pretty much the only option you have to save a bit of Rep!
Old 26-08-2011

Like I said earlier, it was well over a year ago, but yeah, I thought registering the dot com and using it simply to list micro stuff would be a good idea, and if it did annoy cosie, then that was just a bonus - I really wasn't going to worry about whether it upset him or not. It's a common practice, it might not the most popular thing to do with some people, but it happens.

Yes I'm annoyed at cosie for posting my details on an open forum, they're still there for all to see.

Not once has he apologised for that, not once has he asked in a civil way for the domain to be transferred.

As for it costing me money, I paid for the domain name for 2 years at the time, and paid for 1 year's hosting, which I let run out. I'd have most likely let the domain run out too.

I've offered to put up a holding page, with a link to the micro forum, which would also have a link to my website, and to any other micro website or shop that wanted to be listed, but he said no. I realise that I've done something that has upset some people, I also realise that others are happy that I've done what I've done as they've had run ins with him too and don't have a very high opinion of him.

What Cosie has done, is scream and shout and throw his toys out of his pram, when all he had to do was act in a civil way. I understand he might be annoyed at the situation, but he's only mad 'cos he found out it was me that owned the domain name. He's seen the page that was there before, but did he try finding out who the domain name owner was and making contact?

I'm getting really tired of this now, and I've already asked Jimmy to delete this thread. If you want to ask me anything else then can pm me.

btw he said that he was warned about letting me join the micro forum, but he was happy enough to take money of me to have a sub forum for the shop wasn't he.
Closed Thread