Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 31-05-2006

"Moulded rather than alloy rocker cranks"

This worries me. This was one of the parts that kept breaking on the original Predator I drove in the 90'ies, together with the suspension arms and the extremely noisy transmission (no slipper back in those days).

The Pred may have become a reliable car now, but my reliability trauma's are so deep I wouldn't race one anymore even if they threw one at me.
Old 31-05-2006
Super Moderator

The plastic rockers were used on all the cars before the X10, and I have never had a single problem with them! The rocker crank pivots are now M4 instead of M3 and are much stronger!

G
Old 01-06-2006

Hey all,

The XRS is a brilliant idea. Finally the predator can lose the stigma of being a car simply beyond the reach of the club racer as far as both costs and maintenance are concerned. A great car for a great price, what more can you ask? TTech are back, and nobody can argue with their commitment... oh and btw, have you seen just how fit the girl is in the xrs promo pics? wow...

Yardy
Old 01-06-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardeeee
oh and btw, have you seen just how fit the girl is in the xrs promo pics? wow...

Yardy
You can't say things like that and not post the link!!! Where, where, where??? not that I'm keen to see or anything... honest
Old 01-06-2006
Super Moderator

And they now guarantee certain parts of the transmission! :eek: :eek:

http://ttechracing.com/transmissionguar.html
Old 01-06-2006
Administrator

Is the girl a stock photo or a model they got in or or or ? shhhhh dont tell vicky but i'm getting one in for the next review I think..

The guarentee on the gears is a good move, they are so beefy they don't need it, but since the car has such a bad rep for previous problems its a rather good idea.
Old 01-06-2006

Send a message via MSN to craigosh

Jim if you want some pics of the next review car with a girl i can probably arrange it....!!!!! :-D :-P
Old 01-06-2006
Administrator

*gets a clip round the ear from vicky* That would be ace though, especially if done a bit tongue in cheek like.
Old 02-06-2006

hehe, well i'll see who might be interesed in doing it for a laff.. as long as you dont mind some rock chicks..

Problem for me now though is Dark Impact or XRS???
I'm leaning more towards the DI as i'm a tamiya fan but still find the Pred appealing despite thinking they are a bit hard work and fragile..
Old 02-06-2006
Administrator

Ive not built the Impact yet, nor have I seen an XRS in the flesh, but I guess the predator would wipe the floor with the tamiya. The Impact looks like a great car I have to say, but its certainly far from race proven or race bred. If you are a Tamiya fan though, its got serious appeal!! I can't wait to build mine, well, actually I can since I just started the BJ4 instead hehe..
Old 02-06-2006

well i love the top force and thats served me well really, so i see the DI as an extension of it. I agree the pred is race proven, but i have beaten a few with the tforce.. But there is that nagging bit at the back of my head which says give the pred a go... anyone fancy lettin me have a drive of an x10 :-D
Old 02-06-2006
Administrator

welcome to have a go with mine... erm, once its built that is. give me time!
Nah, I dont want to diss the Impact, it looks a really good car, and people seem to like how it drives. It should be good to see it competing.

Rock chick are ace btw wether it happens or not, its the best idea ever ! hehe.
Old 02-06-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

The TopForce and DI are two totaly different beasts (from seperate millenium TOO). The DI in kit form is far FAR more than the TopForce can ever be (and yes I did have one). Also with companies now making Carbon Chassis for the DI it will only improve things, once I get one, I shall work on mounting the rear wishbones off the chassis not the box.

XRS, celever concept, how it will work, who knows, got to be worth a punt though.
Old 02-06-2006

Well there we go, if i'm beating preds and xxx4's with the TForce then i should be able to beat more with the DI
Old 04-06-2006

I'm probably just getting confused but looking at the comparison sheet again, it looks like the xrs doesnt come with a slipper as standard... i mentions a carbon shaft with direct connection to front gear box, then below a carbon shaft with slipper as an option for both cars...!!! dunno what you guys think..!?!
Old 05-06-2006
Administrator

I'm sure it has a slipper but not a one way
Old 06-06-2006

Just been pricing it up against the DI and on the TTECH shop, the slipper and shaft is an option part...!! so looks like it doesnt come included..
Old 06-06-2006

well, remember, the price on the website is EXCLUDING VAT, which I think it is a bit of a dodgy call (could even be called a little con) as you don't know the FULL price till you have either selected to pay via paypal or entered your card details, then they add the VAT on and it comes out as not £175 inc postage but £205.

I have emailed them as they sent me a confirmation order even though I didn't 'confirm' the order and said that by not telling them the price does not include VAT is misleading.
Old 06-06-2006
Mad Member

I would be surprised if there is no slipper, as the transmission is guaranteed on the XRS, without a slipper there would be a lot of extra stress on the transmission which could be costly to ttech.
Old 06-06-2006

Slipper shaft is an option, you get a 'unidirectional direct drive' which in non ttech speak means, no slipper, spur bolted to prop shaft affair.