Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 14-01-2009

Right, but did you reset the setting in the way the upgrade instruction pdf tells you to? The old setting for the old version are incompatible with the new ones so you have to blank it and reset it all up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWood View Post
Got the software working OK. Had to get the USB drivers off the disk though. Did do a fresh install. Just think it got its knickers in a twist with AVG etc

All that works now.

However, if I upgrade to 128 I get no consistent reverse, but everything else works well. Tried callibrating with the transmitter over 10 times, and still no joy.

If I swap back to 125 firmware everything works fine again, like it did before. As soon as I go up to 128 I lose the reverse. Sometimes it comes on if you bang the stick back, but most of the time it just goes to brake.

I think it must be to do with the breaking modifications they made with this firmware, and it is like there is now not enough stick travel to get it to reverse. I don't know.

I am back running 125 for now while I'm bashing around, but the spike voltage cut-out is annoying.
Old 14-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Just to let everyone know....

Install procedure:

Download V2 of software + the firmware
Install programme (if you have AVG disable real time scanning)
Plug in USB adaptor, it should install itself
UNPLUG batteries!
Open programme
Make sure both lights are green in the programme
Click update firmware
Locate file, if you cant find it put *.lsc in and it should pop up
Let programme update speedo
Click commands and then reset to factory defaults
Now click read settings
Now setup as you want

If you want speedo setups just ask and ill post mine.

I will put this in the first post too.

I have now tested mine in Windows 7 (the replacement for Vista) and it works perfectly.
Old 14-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassp0nk View Post
Right, but did you reset the setting in the way the upgrade instruction pdf tells you to? The old setting for the old version are incompatible with the new ones so you have to blank it and reset it all up.
All they mention in the pdf is the breaking, not the reverse function. They are talking about re-calibration of the brake percentages, and using the end stop in the transmitter to trim the amount of breaking.

This is a different issue altogether.
Old 17-01-2009

Just wanted to confirm that I upgraded to v2 this evening without a hitch. The mistake I had previously made was uninstalling the USB driver at the same time as the V1 software.

One difference I have noticed since upgrading to v2 is that to switch between the (now) 5 profiles on the speedo using the setup button, you must have the speedo switched ON and the transmitter switched OFF, rather than both switched ON as stated in the instruction manual. With v1 both the transmitter and the speedo had to be switched ON to change between profiles with the setup button.

Anyone else noticed this?

Paul.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 17-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Just wanted to confirm that I upgraded to v2 this evening without a hitch. The mistake I had previously made was uninstalling the USB driver at the same time as the V1 software.

One difference I have noticed since upgrading to v2 is that to switch between the (now) 5 profiles on the speedo using the setup button, you must have the speedo switched ON and the transmitter switched OFF, rather than both switched ON as stated in the instruction manual. With v1 both the transmitter and the speedo had to be switched ON to change between profiles with the setup button.

Paul.
Well not that mine is working right, but I am sure I was changing profiles with the transmitter turned on. Will check in a bit.
Old 19-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Southwell thanks for doing the upgrade on the speedo over the weekend.
Cheers fella
Old 19-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegger View Post
Southwell thanks for doing the upgrade on the speedo over the weekend.
Cheers fella

Just to echo the above Ian,
Thanks for helping
As a newbe in this racing m'larky i'm not quite up to speed on car setups, but ill get there..........eventually! lol.
Old 19-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cool, glad you like the combo, i was very impressed with your car control on a tricky track like that, even more impressed after you said you have only been racing for a year and that being your first time on a big carpet track, well done.

Stegger: You will really like it, you shouldn't have to adjust anything, it's setup for Lipo and 2.4 already, the profile settings are what i run with and are the best i have found so far, for me of corse. Hope you enjoy it.

The new speedo firmware is really good, makes it much better on the brakes and has sorted out any previous issues that have been experienced. All i changed on the weekend was my brakes to 30% and left the rest as my standard settings.

Any questions just ask.
Old 19-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassp0nk View Post
Well not that mine is working right, but I am sure I was changing profiles with the transmitter turned on. Will check in a bit.
Checked last night and transmitter on or off makes no odds on my controller when doing the settings. It doesn't work if I've used the transmitter before trying to change the settings though.
Old 19-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

Paul.
That's interesting, upgraded and everything running fine, the best it has been. Looked to try and make sure I was on stock profile - but couldn't change the profile, had blue & red lights only and it wouldn't change.
Perhaps that is why !

wasn't too bothered though because the setting I was on was almost perfect!
Old 19-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWood View Post
Got the software working OK. Had to get the USB drivers off the disk though. Did do a fresh install. Just think it got its knickers in a twist with AVG etc

All that works now.

However, if I upgrade to 128 I get no consistent reverse, but everything else works well. Tried callibrating with the transmitter over 10 times, and still no joy.

If I swap back to 125 firmware everything works fine again, like it did before. As soon as I go up to 128 I lose the reverse. Sometimes it comes on if you bang the stick back, but most of the time it just goes to brake.

I think it must be to do with the breaking modifications they made with this firmware, and it is like there is now not enough stick travel to get it to reverse. I don't know.

I am back running 125 for now while I'm bashing around, but the spike voltage cut-out is annoying.
I might be wrong but I think the reverse option has changed on version 2.
It is reverse with pause, I think that means you come off power, throttle stick in neutral, puase, then into reverse. If you do not go forward or not go into neutral. reverse will not work, you just get brakes.

All ESC used to be like when they first came out many, many years ago.
Old 19-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
I might be wrong but I think the reverse option has changed on version 2.
It is reverse with pause, I think that means you come off power, throttle stick in neutral, puase, then into reverse. If you do not go forward or not go into neutral. reverse will not work, you just get brakes.

All ESC used to be like when they first came out many, many years ago.
We've both tried that.

I spoke to Horizon today and they said to send the controller in.

Also spoke to Marc at M-K-Racing who sold them to us and he said one of the factory drivers had commented that reverse had been taken away this firmware as its better for racing. Anyway Marc is checking with the horizon expert tomorrow.

In the meantime, is anyone able to reverse with firmware 1.29?
Old 19-01-2009

Thanks for that update Cassp0nk. I had not had a reply from Marc today regarding this, nad have still had no reply from Horizon Tech Support (US) about it either.

Just worried about these temps now. Ordered an IR temp device from Maplins. Should be here in a couple of days.
Old 19-01-2009

Yeah I just picked up the phone. Always amazed at people thinking they will get answers to emails, but maybe I'm jaded! I know Marc had read yours though as we discussed that both had same problem.
Old 21-01-2009

Well it looks like we're getting somewhere with the mysterious reverse glitch.
Old 23-01-2009

Well we have a response:

"Version 28 and lack of reverse function update.

From testing it appears that the file is corupt that is available on the download page.

A confirmation test will be finished tomorrow morning and will have the file replaced on the download page. I will add a line indicating it has been updated AND will also post that it has been updated.

Sorry the the confusion and inconvience this has caused. "

Good news. At least we have a fix coming.

Jack
Old 23-01-2009

New Software now available

01.01.28N

(N for New)

Thanks to all the guys at Losi for listening to us and sorting the problem out super quick.

Jack
Old 25-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

My setup:

Forward no reverse
Throttle Limit: 0%
Reverse limit: 100%
Motor Timing: Normal
Initial Acc: Medium
Braking %: 30%
Drag brake: 12%
Deadband: 3
Old 09-03-2009

Default Help

I know this thread has been going for a while but hey here goes again. I have just tried to download the most recent firmware..on my laptop (vista) and using 'save target as' place the download in my documents file. When i go back in to the esc/losi to update firmware i cannot even find it. What am i doing wrong? I hate the excelorin and wished i had not wasted my money. worst spend ever but am stuck with it. sorry for the negativity but this one thing is spoiling what is supposed to be an enjoyable recreation. It has been sent back and tried with no problems. So why does it still glitch. The new firmware supposedly sorts this.
I am probably being stupid but looking at the amount of posts on this thread I am not the only one suffering to the evil ways of excelorin!
Old 09-03-2009
Mad Member

Not sure what your doing wrong tbh. Try putting the firmware file on your desktop? Not sure if it makes a difference where you put it to be honest.....but thats where i put all my speedo stuff, no porblems. let us know how you get on.

schumacher procat x Two, one bosscat, one rc10 gold pan, two optima mids, one cougar/club10