Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 16-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
When do we race at tyremans track? I assume it's perfect given his comments.
This coming Sunday but I think you might struggle to come up with too many negative comments about Coventry's track, no matter if it's the grass or the freshly rebuilt astro track.

My only negative from previous Coventry grass meetings was relating to their multi-jump on the left hand side and I think that had more to do with where I chose to stand on the rostrum than anything else.

Brian's comments were politely worded and if taken constructively will help the Ledbury team make one of my favourite tracks even better for future events.
Old 16-05-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

My only issue was that the track down the left hand side was a little hard to see in the final...I wouldn't have made it quite as long as the track was only producing 12 laps, so would have cut the track slightly shorter before the straight, this might have meant, the chicane wasnt necessary in tje straight as well??? The bomb hole was brilliant, a nice drifty section Perhaps a 'different' layout might be better, but Nathan did the whole track himself, and Ray mowed the whole track as well for us, and was there late yesterday.

In terms of the double, i have never been a fan of man made doubles out of dirt/clay, as they never seem consistent enough. I would have put in a man made table top, or used some man made doubles (out of wood) and then covered them in astro, and made a real effort to smooth the entry, and landing areas. This would be at every track though, not just ledbury.
Old 17-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

And this shows we are all different ... I personally hate the "man made" triangle jumps and square edged table tops and much prefer more natural features. I find the complete opposite true of what Mark has said.

Just goes to show that you can't please everybody all the time
Old 17-05-2011

I didn't have a particularly great day and was one of those that hit the bump on the straight and rolled 12 metres into the catch net. However I really enjoy the Ledbury track and would like to thank the team for putting the effort in to host a regional meeting. I'm slightly bored of astro tracks and Ledbury always makes a refreshing change. For me, it's what an off-road track should be, challenging, entertaining, not flat and a grass surface.

I agree the jump was a bit random, but it wasn't a big issue. It wasn't a car killer & you just had to think more about how you approached it, instead of just nailing the throttle.
Old 17-05-2011

I agree the jump was difficult but not dangerous. A longer landing area would of helped. Once i got used to it was ok.
The bomb hole was excellent it reminded me of the great tracks we had 20 years ago.
The bump on the straight sent me cartwheeling into the catch fence on the banking. I think i would have scored 9.0 if i was being judged in my cartwheeling ability in Olympic gymnastics. How my car survived is a miracle.
This being my first time at Ledbury it would of been nice to of been warned about this bump in the drivers briefing. no complaint just something for next time.

Keep using the grass track its great.

One more thing thanks to Roger M for his help in car set up on the day.

www.trcmcc.co.uk
Old 17-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Field View Post
How my car survived is a miracle.
No mate, just Kyosho quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Field View Post
One more thing thanks to Roger M for his help in car set up on the day.

LOL ... next time you can show your gratitude on the day by not out qualifying me
Old 17-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
No mate, just Kyosho quality
I guess you were running non genuine parts when you ripped the front corner of yours then Roger?
Old 18-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No, just parts that have been on since 2008 ... I think I've had my moneys worth out of that wishbone