Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 09-06-2009

Default 2wd championship scoring- please read

As you are all aware, last weekend should have seen round 3 of the 2wd championship take place at Ledbury. Due to a high influx of cancellations, due to the impending threat of bad weather, myself and the club officials took the difficult decision to cancel the event. Due to a heavily congested racing calendar and the shorter notice, it is impossible to reschedule this round and therefore, the 2wd regional championship will consist of just 4 rounds/events.

This, as many of you noted, left myself and the committee with the issue of how, if at all, the scoring process for the series is tweaked due to having one less round. A member of the committee, amongst others, brought to light rule 19.3 (p.41) in the BRCA handbook which states:

19.3: At abandoned events, where less than 2 rounds of qualifying have been completed, the event will be declared null and void and no results declared. Such events will not be rescheduled and any relevant championship qualification will be reduced accordingly.

This rule is not open to regional variation (though I understood it was at first and that's why when people asked, I told them the wrong answer, sorry! (I am new at this! ) and so, your 2wd regional championship position for 09 will be determined by your best 2 scores from the 4 events.

This rule is in place so as to not disadvantage competitors who may have planned their attendance around other things all events to be run.

Now as you will see, 2 from 4 could leave us with two competitors in a tied position, and as you will note the rule does not state any form of tie breaker, so for this element, regional variation is allowed. In previous years in the mid west, when a tie has occured, it has been broken in the following way:

The tied driver who has QUALIFIED the highest at the latest round of the series will win the tie.

What this means is this: 2 drivers have finished on a score of 400 points (2 x 200pts, or 2 TQ and wins each), and are tied for 1st place in the series. Driver A TQed and won rounds 2 and 3 of the series. Driver B TQed and won rounds 1 and 4 of the series. Driver B takes the title because he qualified the highest at the latest round, round 4.

This will apply right the way through the ch'ship table and will break any ties. This is the breaker process that will be applied in 2wd championship for 2009. Please note that all of this only applies to the 2wd championship, the 4wd championship remains your best 3 scores from the 5 events.

I hope all this clear, if anyone has any further questions regarding the changes to the series please get in touch. I appreciate that some of you will like this decision more than others, but I hope you appreciate that we have operated via the rules and in the best interests of all of you.

I hope to see you at Kidderminster this sunday for 4wd round 3, entries into www.brca-midwest.co.uk and the deadline is tomorrow (june 10th) at mid-day.
Old 09-06-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

What happens is driver A doesnt attend the last round???

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 09-06-2009

Driver B because he would of tq'ed the latest round
Old 09-06-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Ok

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 09-06-2009

Yeah, if driver A doesn't attend, then he puts himself in jeopardy of losing out if a tie break situation arises.

I know it has its limitations, but we are making you all aware of this process as early as possible so that you all know what will happen and can plan accordingly. As I say I know some of you will like the sound of it more than others but we have acted as we see fairest.
Old 09-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Seems sensible enough to me