Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 08-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default CML Raceway - Needs YOUR help! - CANCELLED

NO LONGER POSSIBLE ON THIS DATE - WE WILL ADVISE OF A NEW DATE ONCE ARRANGED.

THANKS FOR ALL THE INTEREST & SUPPORT

CML Raceway – NEEDS YOUR HELP!

Right folks, we are calling on anyone that would like to help out get CML raceway back up to scratch and stop the busy body local council from halting any further meetings at this superb venue.

The interest in the track has died off over the past year or so and we want to do everything we can to get it back up to scratch and finally host a big meeting that this place deserves.

There has been a complaint by a nosey “rambler” who didn’t like the sight of the track or any of the features so decided to point this out to the council who are now asking for a rather large fee to keep it going.

Our thoughts are simply to get the track right back to how it should be, all the grass trimmed, Astroturf jet-washed, some areas painted up and generally give it a big clean up. The next step will be to organise a big Fun Day where people can attend with just about any R/C car, Micro, Truck or buggy and get the local paper involved to take some pics and write a bit about the track in the paper. The reason for this is we want to prove to the council that R/C tracks provide a place for kids and adults alike to attend and have great fun without massive expense. People are always complaining there’s nothing to “keep kids off the street” yet the first time they see something like this Track they want to try and get rid of it.

We’re planning the big clean up on Saturday 23rd May so we’ve basically got 2 weeks to try and gather as many of you helpful people as possible.

Please let us know if you can make it, we’ll be starting at 9am so please bring along any Garden tools (Strimmers, Spades, Brooms) and basically anything you think that could be useful. I will confirm with Lee but I’m sure we’ll be able to do something on the Food and Drink side to thank those that come along.

With the Proline Dirt Arena being just 40 mins away, it would be fantastic if we could get this venue back up to where it should be giving us two of the best off road racing circuits in the UK.

Who’s with us?

Your hobby needs you!!

Old 08-05-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

I'll come along and support the fun day mate. The track is one of the best in the country and it does as you say, DESERVE A BIG MEETING!!
Old 08-05-2009
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

I thought the track was on private land?
Old 08-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It is - that's what's so frustrating :-( It's in the main field by Lee's house that they own, but there's obviously ramblers public footpaths nearby and they've decided they don't like it so complained to the Council who are now saying it needs paying for (partly to do with Planning permission) which all seems a complete joke so i want to see what they say after the local paper put a big feature in.

A big Fun day would be fantastic, thanks for the responses so far.
Old 08-05-2009

it may be on private land, but if the land is set as arable/pasture, etc, they would need a 'change of usage' with the council.
Old 08-05-2009

Default repairs

people who dont like the hobby we do should go f**k their selves. i cant make it to help you guys but if you should want a few addresses to get some lotto funding let me know as i got a few mates who are in the know with that side of things.

cheers.

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 08-05-2009

Medeling government as ever. Has it something to do with the council needing money!
Old 08-05-2009
LeeOtard

Lotto funding sounds great! fire away!
Old 08-05-2009
Mad Member

lotto money is good - if you get it, but in the emantime be prepared for big application forms and lots of paperwork. Not only that, there is a great chance you will have to provide outcomes, prove your outcomes, keep portfolios of evidence and be very, very careful what you spend it on, if you are awarded funding.

not only that - the often don't fund capital refurbishment projects, so don't build your hopes up!
Old 08-05-2009

That is a sexy track. The top left section is model car nirvana.
Old 08-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Bloody busy-bodies. If they don't like the look of it as they walk past...then don't look at it!

But, like what has been mentioned before. The old folks moan about kids on streets causing trouble, but as soon as they get somewhere to go, the same moaning oldies get it closed down.
Near us they had an ace indoor skate-park. Somewhere for all the kids to go and do their stuff. and the odd moaner complained about it and closed it down. FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO!!! and stop complaining!!

Shame I don't live nearer pidge, or I'd come and help out.

Good luck with it all though.
Old 08-05-2009

Default funding

I'll speak with my mate ian 2moro and see what he has to say about making an appication for lotto. once i know how it happens, i'll have to pass it over to you guys running the project.

cheers.

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 09-05-2009

nick/lee

ive looked into planning for an rc track about a year ago they are very strict on things like parking and access and the noise factor.

you have the fact you own the land and its been there 3 years dont forget that one i think you need to go and see the planning guys at newbury council i have sat down with them before they are really reasonable i very much dowt they will want to close down the track they have an obligation to the public is all.

i cant help with the fun day but i will help with the council stuff if you need me too pm me guys if you need any help.

good luck Andy
Old 09-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger fixit View Post
nick/lee

ive looked into planning for an rc track about a year ago they are very strict on things like parking and access and the noise factor.

you have the fact you own the land and its been there 3 years dont forget that one i think you need to go and see the planning guys at newbury council i have sat down with them before they are really reasonable i very much dowt they will want to close down the track they have an obligation to the public is all.

i cant help with the fun day but i will help with the council stuff if you need me too pm me guys if you need any help.

good luck Andy

Hi Andy

its not 3 years Matey its 4 and its called Planning Permission By Default its very complicated and a Friend on the council would be a good Bonus

(Sorry to put a Damper on it)

Give us a Shout if you need any equipment or Help

Glyn
Old 09-05-2009

man, that is just the worst story I've heard for a long time... what's up with people? why can't they just leave everyone alone... ramblers and "rights of way" people make me puke... My brother can't build a garage at the side of his new house 'cos of RoW gimps! He can have a carport but no garage... and this is in the middle of a housing estate!!!

People who ramble or RoW bods or any other busy-bodies should take a look at themselves... what harm is this track doing? it's serving the community... aren't they happy with that?

Get a life you jerks...

ok, rant over!! Good luck with the track etc guys... hey, have you thought of a letter to Gordon Broon? that well known do-er of all things right... maybe extreme, but let's get a focus on the tracks plight!!! the newspaper jobbie sounds just the job...
Old 10-05-2009

Send a message via MSN to _JP_ Send a message via Skype™ to _JP_

It's Def 4 years, and is there something to do with you can run on it 28 times a year with out needing a change of use.

Lee speak to Hancock as he will give you the low down on the issues they have faced at Sutton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaddog View Post
Hi Andy

its not 3 years Matey its 4 and its called Planning Permission By Default its very complicated and a Friend on the council would be a good Bonus

(Sorry to put a Damper on it)

Give us a Shout if you need any equipment or Help

Glyn
Old 10-05-2009
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtee View Post
ma... what harm is this track doing? it's serving the community... aren't they happy with that?
erm... no. See Nick's first post (or below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
The interest in the track has died off over the past year or so and we want to do everything we can to get it back up to scratch and finally host a big meeting that this place deserves.
Got any recent pictures of the track?
Is it still CML raceway? If so get them tapped for the money.
If no-one is racing is it really viable to keep i going?
Old 10-05-2009
oOple Advertiser

Lee and co did have the option (and were penciled in for) two Mid South regionals this year but did not want them/chose to turn them down

Question is do they want meetings here in the future or not? The venue is a good facilty allround but only if they are "able" and "want" to run meetings there.....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 11-05-2009
LeeOtard

Darren,

Its not a case of wanting meetings - but have you ever seen my race schedule...? if i cannot be there to run the meeting how can i hold it? I just come back from a track which was far from ready for a national but 2 years running this one got regected...got to make you think a little?

If the track goes then it goes and the UK has lost the chance of having another good track to race on.

To me it sounds as if you are being very negative towards it. i personally do not want peopel to run on the track if its not to my standard, it was let run lastyear without me there and i beleive that was bad.

thanks for the good points that everyone else has put accross and im hoping to get something sorted soon to run in conjunction with our other venture - PDA and run our own series of meetings!

Should be fun!
Old 11-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Darren,

Its not a case of wanting meetings - I just come back from a track which was far from ready for a national but 2 years running this one got rejected...got to make you think a little?
Pidge does have a point there.