Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 25-02-2008

Default Swindon RCMCC Track Update

Hi All,

Just to update those that knew and inform those that didn't, Swindon RCMCC have been developing their new site over the last weekend. Unfortunately I couldn't be there, due to work. However our hard working chairman and a few members we have who work in construction have been digging up the old track and shifting some serious amounts of dirt to lay the foundations of what we hope will be a great track for both 10th elecric and 1/8th nitro. This weekend coming we're laying the astro and hopefully track will be open for racing on the first weekend of april

pics below give you an idea of the layout.

Old 25-02-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

looking good Mike. is it going to be astro as the final surface? looking forward to coming down for the regional.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 25-02-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Looks very nice, will she have any banked corners?
Old 25-02-2008

I believe the big lump of dirt at the end of the straight is intended to become a banking of some description, and yeah we got truck loads of astro, although the straight may remain as concrete if we not got enough.

We have a couple of cut throughs for the electrics as we wanted a good layout for 10th with some really quick bits for the nitros to get a good bit of speed up. So the electrics may not use the full banked area at a club meet, although that may change for the regionals. the grass section at the end of the lap won't be getting used by electrics purely cos the lap's too long.
Old 12-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Mike
Any further details on the new track?
such as pit space compared to the old track? tyre of choice? etc

cheers

looking forward to coming down there

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 12-05-2008
Mad Member

Anyone got a postcode ?????
Old 12-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

And...can anyone from the club please confirm the situation with running LiPo's? Are LiPo shod cars allowed in the Microtech Series?

When is the track avaliable to club members (once I join up)

Many thanks

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 12-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

no idea on club races, i was referring to the regional this weekend.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 12-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Is it the Regional this weekend??
2WD, 4WD or both??

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 12-05-2008
Mad Member

This weekend is the 4wd regional...
Old 12-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim76 View Post
Any further details on the new track?
tyre of choice? etc
I raced there a couple of weeks ago and can confirm that it is a great track with most of the the area shown above resurfaced. Astroturf with plenty air time
Part worn yellow minis seemed to work fine in the dry.

I have some pics of the track which i'll post later if the club don't mind.
Old 12-05-2008

Some pics of the track as it was back in April. Great fun!

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...n/DSC00092.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...n/DSC00093.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...n/DSC00094.jpg
Old 12-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Liking the look of that

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 12-05-2008

raced there yesterday, I ran lipo but I think I wint get microtech champ points even though I won the b final ( thems the rules)

ace track unfortunatley the 10th electric dont seem to be allowed to run the fantastic banked corner after the straight

good meet and I have a load of track and action pics which I must burn to cd and send to the swindon webmaster for use on their website
Old 12-05-2008

Pitting-there is plenty-check out on google maps, and the track is opposite lynton rd, sn2. We have quite a large site so gazebos tents the lot can be accomodated. and the grass is short too!! I used the GRP conespikes on the B4 yesterday, and qualied 6th, was quite chuffed as i was only 2wd so was thrown in with the 4wd's. was happy with wear and grip, haven't cracked out the new yellows yet, but i would say the usual choices are competitive. Wear seems really low too!

Obviously there will be a club heat at the regional for 2wd's, trucks, run what ya brung, etc. The fee for the club heat will be £3 i expect, as that is our regular club fee.

Sorry, but li-po can race but not score points-don't get me started on the championship implications, but you will qualify, race where you qualified, finish where you race, yet not score points.....can you tell i don't do the rules???

Re the banked corner: I think the intention (don't blame me, others seem to have made the decision) is to use the cut through rather than the banked corner this weekend, but use some of the dirt at the right hand end of the track. a vote may be taken in the drivers breifing-we may open it for practice and see how people feel. I want to run it, but i am not running the meeting and the chairmans decision is final i guess. I am hoping that if we are using the dirt on the 4wd, we may run the banked corner at the 2wd, and stay on the astro.

Address is cheney manor industrial estate, SN2 2QJ

there's a golf course at the top of the estate, opposite a speedy hire place, turn in there and we are on the left thru big green gates

'94 RVF400R
'08 Z750
'80 Moto Morini 350
and a knackered B4 which I need to fix......
Old 12-05-2008
Mad Member

Foooood............ ? tea etc............

+ banked corner please...........
Old 13-05-2008

looking for ASAP reply....

Swindon track runners, would i be able to go over on the saturday with my 8th and do some testing??
Old 13-05-2008

Hi Guys,

Just to answer a few of the questions being posted. Yes there is plenty of space for parking/pitting at this site. We do have covered pits as well but space will be limited as thats where we'll have the scrutineering, but there is plenty of short grass and hard standing.

Whether we run the bank corner will depend on the number of drivers per heat and the general feeling on the day.

The track is very spread out and if you use the clay section as well as the banking so it can lead to problems when there are less than six marshals per heat. Using the cut through is more challenging because you go from full speed into a sharp hairpin over a single then into a double, but the banking is more fun and very high speed. The clay is very slippery and dusty when its dry, perfect for 4wd drifts, less good for the 2wds so it maybe worth running the bank and an all astro track for the 2wds as a variation?

The final decision will be made during the drivers briefing by vote, I won't be racing so it’s not really my call!

With regard to batteries, LiPo's are not allowed in off road BRCA events in accordance with the handbook and so won't be eligible for points on Sunday. FYI, we allow LiPos to run in our Microtech rounds but disallow the points, but as far as I'm aware this is not the case for the BRCA regionals, happy for someone to put me right.

As Mike says the track is at SN2 2QJ on Cheney Manor Industrial Estate directly opposite Manor Garden Centre. Full details, directions and a map can be found under the club info section on our website:

www.swindonmodelcarclub.co.uk

With regard to practice on Saturday, I'm afraid the track will be closed so we can prepare it for Sunday. We will have a 45mins lunch break so if you wish to try the track for size then I'm sure you can get a few laps in with your 8th, but it wouldn't be fair to allow it before qualifying.

If there are any other questions then feel free to ask, otherwise I hope to see you all at Swindon Radio Raceway on Sunday!!

Rich B
SRCMCC Chairman
Old 13-05-2008

That track looks really good and not very far from me, I'm not 100% sure if I can make this weekend, is it ok to 'turn up on the day'? (sorry to be a pain)

I see from the website that racing 'kicks off' at 9am, booking in around 8:30 is it?

Even looks good from above!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl....0025&t=h&z=19
Old 13-05-2008

poo... ok thanks for reply