Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 05-06-2010

Send a message via MSN to baD Send a message via Skype™ to baD

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7ELA View Post
David its worth the agro to get you to do some graft...
now now neilie, I did ask folks not point fingers. others seem to refrain. Or was it meant to have a smilie on the end and be a fun wind up? cause it sure takes the biscuit if it wasn't !
Old 05-06-2010

Send a message via MSN to baD Send a message via Skype™ to baD
Default Que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Been there done that got the t-shirt the baseball cap, cup, socks and novelty toothbrush...........

A
Been where? Done what?
Old 05-06-2010

Dave I do remember at the last meeting we had when we were discussing the new venue the chair of the meeting asked you as regional organiser if there was anything you wanted to sort out for the regional and you said nowt!
I think a lot of the arrangements could have been made then instead of waiting til the last minute then expecting everyone to know what and where they were supposed to be doing stuff!
But as I said before the meeting ran well and everything got done...
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 05-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
A few willing volunteers is better than an army of pressganaged helpers, and the sooner people realise it, the better, been through it with my own club. Now we don't have someone barking orders, stuff gets done.

Lets not forget, this is a hobby, not a business, it relies on volunteers, and it is their selfless acts that go unrewarded that is the problem, not the people buggering off early. Since I started racing in 1989, I have seen this discussion happen every year, and no matter what you do, you can't force people to help, as they just go elsewhere, you just make sure that the people who do, gets looked after.
Totally agree dcm, if something is written into a club membership saying every member HAS to do something for a event e.g. regional then am sure memberships will dwindle. I would'nt want to be a member of that club.

Even tho i have given up a half day's hol for last few years to help out at the 'jarrow' regionals its because i want to not because i have to. As soon as some one says you HAVE to do something then i wouldnt do it. Its like seeing a sign saying 'wet paint, do not touch' you know deep down you want to touch it.

There has to be another solution.........................

I think having FUN is the main key!!!

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen View Post

There has to be another solution.........................

I think having FUN is the main key!!!
The whole point is to have fun but not a the expense of other peoples enjoyment of the hobby.

I don't mean sign something that makes you have to do something but put something down at the botton of each membership form like "If it is deemed that you are not being a valueable member of the club your membership renewal for the following year will be up for review."

If there is a regional next year I'll be doing it the way of the national drivers, turn up, race and then leave just to make it a "FUN" day for me and make my follow club members do more work.
Old 06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifta View Post
Dave I do remember at the last meeting we had when we were discussing the new venue the chair of the meeting asked you as regional organiser if there was anything you wanted to sort out for the regional and you said nowt!
I think a lot of the arrangements could have been made then instead of waiting til the last minute then expecting everyone to know what and where they were supposed to be doing stuff!
But as I said before the meeting ran well and everything got done...
Jeff the simple fact is I said at the AGM/New Venue meeting I was running race control for Sunday and not Saturday as it turned out I did.

The fact is I said I was running it was 1 days as I mentioned at the meeting and 1 day only.

Not one member piped up and said I'll do the other day which shows the pathetic commitment many people have for the club!!!!

Many people were taking the p&$s just expecting me to do both well that wasn't going to happen especially after the crap I got on Saturday!!!!

Like I said if there is a regional next year I'm going to put the "FUN" factor back in it for me and do nowt.

End of Story
Old 06-06-2010

Pack a public forum is not really the best place to get your point across

We'll all sit down and talk about it at some point

Peter