Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 06-08-2013

Default HobbyKing !

Well that was nice of 'em!

Ordered and paid for an esc on saturday and heard nothing more from HK, checked the bank and yes they had taken the cash ok.
Tried contacting them and was told they required further verification of card number, thats AFTER they've had my dough of course!!!!!!

Now they hadnt contacted me, so how was I to know?
Surely any checks should be done before you swipe the money from a customers account and its a bit rich asking them to check it after they've already taken it, I think thats called theft akshually!

A chat with Trading Standards agreed, contact bank about recovering the money and steer well clear of HK from now on....anyone else had any grief from them like that?
Old 06-08-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeBuilt View Post
Well that was nice of 'em!

Ordered and paid for an esc on saturday and heard nothing more from HK, checked the bank and yes they had taken the cash ok.
Tried contacting them and was told they required further verification of card number, thats AFTER they've had my dough of course!!!!!!

Now they hadnt contacted me, so how was I to know?
Surely any checks should be done before you swipe the money from a customers account and its a bit rich asking them to check it after they've already taken it, I think thats called theft akshually!

A chat with Trading Standards agreed, contact bank about recovering the money and steer well clear of HK from now on....anyone else had any grief from them like that?
My guess is that card payments are dealt with by a third party and they just check you out before they post goods. Likely so they can return money's in fraudulant circumstances so they dont lose goods.
Old 06-08-2013

Was it the UK version of the site or the Hong Kong one?

i think this topic was raised a few weeks ago, personally ive never had any issue with Hobbyking either in HK or UK but i used paypal with my credit card.
AE B74
AE T6.1
AE SC6.1

Kits and parts supplied by:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/[/size]

My Feedback thread: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...945#post691945
Old 06-08-2013
Mad Member

I have this sometimes.
It's usually when the bank doesn't send all the details, or the details the buyers bank/portal wants, it's a problem with international shipments/orders. As the information they will send differs by country.
Banks here won't confirm full address and/or postcode details over the Internet, they send a part of my personal number instead. Which doesn't help a seller anywhere outside of Scandinavia. (I've had loads of issues buying from MB Models due to this, the purchase system they use bombs me out. That's why I did some digging.)

I'd be royally f$@%*d if I wouldn't deal with companies that had done this over the last few years (since I left UK PLC).
It includes some airlines, ferry companies, Amazon, rcmart, HobbyKing, MnS and John Lewis. From what I can remember.

Pretty sure trading standards have absolutely nothing to do with sales from Hong Kong either.
Old 06-08-2013

Default hobbyking

i have used hobbyking many times when orderd in the uk delivery is a couple of days in Europe takes about a week always been very good but I use pay pal
Old 06-08-2013

I have used them on several occasions, ordered from uk warehouse and received goods within 2days of order.

Hong kong orders taken 9 days for me and no customs charrge so very happy with the service.

Used PayPal.
Old 07-08-2013

having already been happy with HK, I ordered from them with no problems, at those prices youd be daft not to look at them.

I know theyre Hong Kong based, but to trade in the UK Im sure you have to abide be certain criteria?

Im all for online security, but surely thats 'before' you take the money and even then you have to tell the customer theres a hiccup. I had no idea until I contacted them on the pitifully slow Live Chat thing.

Im more teed off now that my short course is still unavailable tbh.
Its probably just crap procedure rather than anything dodgy.
Old 08-08-2013

I've got to say that I've only ever had good service from hobby king, but like a few other people have said I've used the option of paying by paypal, it's always seemed like a no brainier as if you do you don't have to pay the charges they give you for using a credit card.
Old 19-08-2013

Items arrived eventually!

Before arriving, I had another email that requested a scan of a recent bank statement and that was despite already sending a scan of the card with the rest of the data blanked out!

It turns out that as the cards in my wifes name and the goods were coming to me, it flagged as a drama on their system. Now if any of you other 'marrieds' are like us, then its quite normal for her indoors to have the card.
We would splurge to rc bliss with our own card.....wouldnt we?
Old 21-08-2013

Default Hobby King

Hi all,

Ordered some cells from UK warehouse on Sunday 18th, paid with my paypal account (after logging on to my Hobby King account) and they arrived today (21st). I've always had good service from them.

Hope those of you who have / are having problems are getting them resolved.

Old 22-08-2013

Me too, i've been using HobbyKing for some 5 years plus now, i sourced all my helicopter electrics, my dads helicopters, planes, and now car bits. I've never had an issue with HK, customs or payments.

But i use paypal as the payment agent.

FYI, i dont believe it makes a difference which warehouse you use its all the same portal as in the original one, in the case of a local warehouse its just for the local stock updates really, payments still go through HK not UK.