Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Tiverton Radio Controlled Car Club

Old 02-11-2013

Default Touring Cars

I believe we have a problem only running just the modified or open class in TC. I know we run this as we have trouble getting the numbers up and this lets people run what they want or have but I believe it may be working against us. The bar has been raised ever higher this year with laps going from 19 to 22 and I am expecting 23 laps next year. This is great for the fastest drivers and is fun to watch as well as drive but I think it may be putting off the new drivers and those with a lower budget or slower reactions. I would like to see drivers of all abilities have a fair chance to compete for a trophy.

I would like anyone interested in competing in a slightly slower class such as 17.5 blinky to please put your hand up and be counted. It may be that this would force us to run only 1 heat of open TC but as long as drivers are encouraged to compete in the correct class for them it should all work well. obviously it would be better to have the numbers to run 2 heats of open TC and a 17.5 blinky heat but we will need the numbers.

I understand it could make it a long day with an extra class but if we can go to fixed start times so if your not ready you miss it or even drop down to 3 heats and a final we could do it.

I feel we should try and keep all those drivers that come in to TC and currently leave as they are disillusioned.

Please discuss

Terry
Old 12-11-2013

has anything been decided with reguards to running tc 17.5 blinky. as I am new to tc and don't want to buy the wrong thing and then have to get further items to be able to compete.
Old 14-11-2013

It seems there is little interest at the moment. One of the points against it was that it would mean running an extra round and make the day longer. I dont see this as an issue as I think we could just run them all together as two heats then split the blinky cars out in the rusults. Maybe a committee member could tell us if this would be easy to do with our system?

Ben would be happy to run blinky and we only need 5 or 6 to make it worth doing. We need more people to put their hand up if they are interested. Maybe we could contact members directly. I will ask some questions!

Terry