Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 07-10-2009

Default Endurance Race

Just a thought, have we considered holding an endurance race?

We could have teams of say 4 people, perhaps 3 hour duration. Stock motor (the standard Tamiya type 540 motor that you get with the cheapo kits) to keep costs down and increase battery life.

Perhaps best in the new year tho, after we introduce the i-lap system .
Old 07-10-2009

That would be good fun. I was only talkin to Jason about that the other day. As for standard 540 motors,im not so sure as they have to be run with brushed esc's and a lot of us are running brushless systems which means we would have to replace all the electronics. Good idea but i think we should stick to 27 turn brushed/13.5t brushless. The Advantage we gain in speed we would loose in battery changes so hopefully things would be pretty even at the end. If we have teams of 3 or 4 we could have a selection of brushed 540 motors and brushless motors in the same team. Cheers Andy
Old 07-10-2009

I ran an endurance race years ago now at another club I ran. I was a 6hr race outside on tarmac and was great fun. I think this will be something that the club could consider once we are bigger and have more members, and probably an idea to run it on the off-road track too...

Good idea though.