Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 30-05-2011

Default losi xxx cr mid motor

i made this over a few days, i tried it on carpet and it was superb. Sorry about pic quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Losi mid body.jpg (277.9 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg Losi mid rear.jpg (320.6 KB, 321 views)
File Type: jpg Losi mid chassis.jpg (346.8 KB, 486 views)
Old 30-05-2011

Good work!
I like the way you reinforced the gearbox with turnbuckles. I was thinking the same on my MadMonkey. For my is better solution than the Xfactory standard motorplate and transmission brace.

Cheers!
Old 30-05-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Nice work! Personally i love seeing modded cars, even better when they work well

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 30-05-2011

it handles like a well sorted 4wd car. I have been running a x6 squared for a while now and it goes great but this losi mid was just so easy too be fast with. It cost 12 quid in materials and 45 quid for a low profile servo
Old 30-05-2011

Great work.... Looks very simular to the Atomic Carbon CR2 but at a fraction of the cost... if it handles anything like the CR2 then you're definately onto a winner.

Luving the bodyshell... Nice and bright but in a retro kind of design!

I too was noticing your turnbuckle braces... I was thinking of doing the same for my CR2 instead of using the small 'L' motor plate brace but didn't know what turnbuckles would be long enough. What turnbuckles have you used???

Good work, Jon!
Old 31-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

could you do a write up of what you did please Id love to give it a try

Is it as simple as turning the shocks and gear box around and cutting the chassis so it fits?
Old 31-05-2011

it looks like he made a new t-plate, but you literally can take the tranny and tower, rotate it 180*, drill 3 new holes (2 for the tranny, 1 for the tower) and do alot of hacking on the chassis and it will bolt on. I make one similar but it have the battery across the chassis (more weight transfer for dirt) and it was more of a hack, but this one looks very well done. I'm intruiged by the steering, can you post more close up pics? I often though of making a chassis with a stand up servo but could never figure out how to get the angle on the steering little tie rod right.
Old 31-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It does look well done.. Im in the process of looking for a lowprofile servo so I can do the same as the normal ones won't work for me.
And my lipos are just a touch too long to have sideways, I don't really want to cut away too much stability.
But then again I could reinforce with some turnbuckles here and there
Old 31-05-2011

i am also working on a twin deck carbon version of this and will post pics when done. Regarding the question about the turnbuckles, i just had them off a rc10t. The rear t piece has been extented by 6mm as i really wanted the lipo down the centre. I am happy to answer any questions but i think it maybe easier just to put these pics up. I have already been asked too make another for a friend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Losi under.jpg (247.4 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg Losi rr.jpg (222.8 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg Losi gbox.jpg (197.7 KB, 228 views)
Old 31-05-2011

best i got of the steering
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Losi steering.jpg (257.2 KB, 160 views)
Old 31-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I tried today and it wans't just a case of turning it all around.

My motor rubbed on the chassis plate that I had to take a lot off then there was nealry nothing to screw the t plate to.

What have you guys done?

Raised the motor?
new screw holes to hold the motor?
what have you screwed the t plate to?

What did you make the t plate out of?

PS thanks for the pics but could you get ones that are in focus please
Old 31-05-2011

i know, sorry about picture quality ile try and get that sorted asap. I made the t piece out off fibreglass and moved gearbox back slightly but encountered none off the problems that you did. Why dont you post pics off yours so i can see.
Old 31-05-2011

raising the tranny and shock tower by about 1/8" (3mm) will help, I should of said that the firsd time.
Old 31-05-2011

i wanted a psi racing conversion but couldnt find one anywhere. I am trying too get a four gear transmission if anybody can help.
Old 31-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

would have been nice to know that.. there goes that chassis, anyone got one lying around?

I made a t plate from 4mm plexiglass but I didn't ahve enough left of the chassis to screw it to.

I can do pics of the chassis but I have since converted back to rear motor.

I have the bits to do a midmotor, well all except an extra chassis
Old 31-05-2011

i wanted a psi racing conversion but couldnt find one anywhere. I am trying too get a four gear transmission if anybody can help.
Old 31-05-2011

Old 31-05-2011

sorry about repeating myself. I am reloading the page and it just repeats my last message.
Old 31-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by adey View Post
Me too... I'm looking for a 4 gear transmission but have had no response from the email that I sent to PSI racing?!

Can anybody help us?? Is PSI even still running??

Thanks, Jon!
Old 01-06-2011

I'm in no way affiliated with PSI but was a team driver and know the original owner very well. Since he sold the company, I have talked to the new owner about a little project I had going and things progressed well, had quick responses etc, but as soon as I asked about getting another PSI kit I never heard from him. I have one of the LMX kits with the 4 gear tranny and its an amazing car, maybe as get or better then the 22. I have all my xxx stuff for sale to get a 22 simply because I want a new car (same line of buggies since I started, time for a change) I'm not sure what the new owners status with the company is and I wish I could help, since I'm pretty close with the previous owner I could of had the cad files if the new owner had no interest in them (he sold it as a cnc/computer/file package deal, I would of bought it if I was allowed) but he led the old owner to blive he was going to expand the buisness as he had much greater resources etc, but it seems like after making the joke of a website thats all I've heard from him. It would be risky buy maybe someone should just buy a kit off the site then file a claim if theres an issue. I truely wish thing had gone better with the new owner and I simply don't have the funds to make the kits (I have the contacts to 100% replicate the kits but I don't have the cash to get the files made unless someone wanted a wack load of them, yes it may not be legal to copy something but i could improuve it to the gen2 idea me and the previous owner had so its not identicle, yes, a gen2 impouved version was very close o being released, I basically have home made proto's of those parts) I wish I could be of more help but I could sell you my car