Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 20-12-2009

Question I-Lap Transponders

Guys, I'm a bit green on the personal transponder setup . Do I just plug into the 'aux' on my reciever? I take it that on the basic recievers with just two channels and the battery, we cannot use the transponders? Is it just a power supply to the transponder that is required, i.e. if necessary we could use a seperate battery?
Old 20-12-2009

Default I-Lap Transponders

Just flicked through I-lap website but no definitive answers. It did however state;

"DO NOT PLUG YOUR TRANSPONDER INTO THE RPM, TEMP, OR LAP PORTS ON SPEKTRUM™ TELEMETRY RECEIVERS."

Dunno if this affects anyone. Scott, did you mention something about using a splitter cable from the receiver??
Old 20-12-2009

Hi Paul.

Basically you plug the Transponder into a spare slot on the reciever in just the same way as any PT from any system. The warning we put on our site is for those who use that particular SPEKTRUM reciever only - not other makes or models.

If your reciever does not have a spare slot you'll need to purchase a Y-Connector like this:

http://hobbyshack.com/Traxxas-YHarne...B000BOKC2Q.htm

Maybe we should try and get Russell to stock a few as I think some of the RTR cars may not have a reciever that has a spare slot available and the last thing we want is for a new member to turn up (or an existing one for that matter) and not be able to run with either their Personal Transponder for I-LapRC or one they have hired for the night from us.

I just want to reassure you this is not something only relating to the I-LapRC system, it would be the same for any PT that needs to be plugged in to your reciever.

Once you are all plugged in, that's it. You do nothing else. Just check that the polarity is correct and matches the other plugs in the reciever. When you power up the car the PT should flash red to confirm it's working.

I checked all PTs when they arrived and all are in perfect working order.

Any other problems, let me know.
Old 20-12-2009

Default I Lapping

Sound, cheers Scott.
Old 20-12-2009

My old transponder was similar to the ones we now have [although i havent paid for mine yet] and that plugged into the battery port on a basic 27mhz receiver. That transponder only had 2 wires from it as i believe the i-laps system has. If this is the case i cant see any reason why it wont work from the battery port thus eliminating the need for a 'y' extension. I think some rtr models will be the only ones that need the 'y' piece and that is only when they have an esc and a steering port. Cheers Andy
Old 21-12-2009

I run my AMB transponder through the battery port on my receiver as it can supply as well as receive power.

You should be able to use the battery port as said above in most receivers without issues
Old 26-12-2009

Not all battery slots work to power a PT.The reason is some receivers battery slot have a diode in them ,that won't allow power out ,only in.
Just try it,if the transponder do not blink.then you have a receiver with the diode in it.NOT all receiver battery slots have it,so in most cases it will work.
If you do not have another empty slot to use,then you must use a wye connector.Just make sure you match up the wire color when you plug it in,just look at your servo wire.
Hope this helps.
Sean