Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 27-04-2015

Default Ebay Selling Advice

I have just had and ebay sale go wrong and I ended up with an automated email from ebay giving me a slap on the wrist, I understand why I got the slap on the wrist for closing a sale after bidding had ended. I just want to know how I should have played the situation as I only closed it to protect myself.

Please have a read below and let me know what you think,

I listed an RC car with its electrics and its Lipo batteries, The description on the listing was about half a page long with sections for each of the different items,

In the listing I had made the bidders aware that I had picked the car and the batteries up off ebay as part of a bigger bundle, and was selling these are I did not need them,

In the section under the batteries I had specifically put that although the batteries looked almost new that I could not vouch for how well they would work,

2 days after the Auction had finished I chased the winner for payment to be told that he was getting the funds together and then he asked me again about the batteries,

After several email exchanges which I reconfirmed the above and that I had no way to test them he basically called me a liar and why could I not give him a straight answer,

At this point I think I did the wrong thing, I cancelled the sale, because even if he was going to pay I didn’t want the potential stress if I did ship it to him,

We are now 3 days further on from cancelling the sale, and he has sent me more emails ranging from wanting to complete the sale then listing even more questions, to wanting to report me to ebay,

All the emails I have sent have been polite and as informative as they could be,

Was there a better way I should have played this, or is this sort of thing the price of doing business on ebay,

Thanks for any input
Old 27-04-2015

All sounds fishy, getting funds together etc... he shouldn't have bidded if he wasn't 100% happy with what he was going to buy.

The only thing I can say is rather than saying something is 'used', if it's untested then i always try to say 'for parts not working' and then something like 'sold as seen' and 'no returns due to nature of item'

In the end the buyer is always in the right as far ebay are concerned.
Old 27-04-2015

re-list saying the winner did not have the funds to pay , or contact the second highest bidder . It seems you did all you could regarding the sale of your items ....Did you tell ebay he didnt have the funds , forward your e-mails....
Old 28-04-2015

Thanks for the advice, will try to put some of these statements in future listings,

Will have ago at re-listing it in a few week once I am back from my holiday

Thanks Again

Mark
Old 28-04-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think its you who could report him as a non payer.

If you were selling in auction format and your listing was honest & accurate, you answered all the question he asked with out deviating from your description and all is sold as seen or untested then its his choice to bid or not, if he bids he may just win! and then in any auction once the hammer has fallen you pay.

From your end it's simple ask him to pay as he was the winning bidder. If he's not going to report him as a non payer cancel the bids and realist,

I had a situation with my sons BMX, it sold. I waited, then the guy said he couldn't afford it so I had to cancel but then I had to send a message to him asking him nicely if he could agree to cancel his bid, if not he could say I never sent the item:thumb down:

Ebay is totally useless when it comes to dealing with non payers etc

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 28-04-2015
Mad Member

Default eBay

Give him an unpaid item strike. If he has bidded on your item he should have the funds to pay for it. you have done the right thing as i think he would have complained to ebay after recieveing the batteries and paypal would have refunded him which meant you lost out.

One word of advise contact ebay by phone and explain to them and also mention that he may leave you negative feedback, if you tell them this now they are more likely to remove the bad feedback comment if the buyer leaves you a negative, if you don't then he may leave you a negative which will tarnish you on ebay

eBay may give a huge selling platform but there are some complete idiots who spoil it.
Old 30-04-2015

I sell a lot of things on Ebay and I know it's frustrating. All you can do is report him as a non payer and he should get a strike against his account. If he does pay, make sure it's sent full tracked as this sounds like the kind of clown who will try to pull a fast one.