Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 03-03-2009

Send a message via MSN to Pummy Send a message via Yahoo to Pummy
Default Issues on Ansmann Budget Truck

Hi everyone.

I know this is a budget kit and some niggles are to be expected, however I thought you guys may be able to see what the issues I am seeing are caused by. In particular the cutoff is what I am concerned about. I am due to get a trakpower 4900mAh stick pack in the next few days and will test it out with this to see if this helps allieviate the problem.

Have been bashing about a TC (MR4TC-SD) using a 6.5T (4880Kv) Xcelorin S system and decided to put the electrics into the flash.

The TC was great with the yoke, using an EC Power 2.2A, 3S lipo. This has a claimed 30C burst value, with 25C constant. Connectors are Deans and the motor is directly soldered to the ESC, as it came out of the box. Migrated the kit over to the Flash and I am now seeing a few issues that I have not been able to find info about on the net.

1) 21T pinion was giving a "stuttered" response from pull off. I think this is cogging, however since the system is sensored, I would have thought this was eliminated, assuming the sensors are not duff. Set up the Losi settings...

Reduced: 99% of original size [ 641 x 493 ] - Click to view full image

But still getting a stuttered response. My Tx is an Acoms AM 40MHz set with Ch2 offset from the centre so that I have more throw on the throttle. I tried them with some TC wheels, to increase the FDR, still getting the issue . Tried again on the original wheels, and I still got the issue, changed down to a 17T pinion as well and it was still the same. I will try it in a different location to see if the radio is being drained of power or if there is some interference causing a glitch. Just weird that it happens in a different part of the car park I am bashing in. The car park in question is about 70ft squared so I cannot rule out interference, at least until this Sunday.

The diff ratio is 34/11 and the spur / pinion is 64/21 or 64/17. Giving 11.63 FDR or 9.41. Wheels are the standard truggy wheels with the kit, which are 100mm in diameter and around 50 mm wide. Once rolling it is OK, but at low throttle, maybe 25% of throttle throw, which is around 12 /13% of total possible with 3S, I get the stutter before power returns.

2) Get a clinking of metal when it is coasting, just coming off the throttle, but cannot make out where it comes from and I cannot hear where the sound is coming from if I try to run it in my hand, off the ground. I "think" it may be the metal cross driveshafts that are rattling but cannot tell as it sound like the pinion is vibrating. The driveshafts on this model are linked between the wheels and the diff by a sliding 4 way metal shaft which is sleeved to plastic tubes out of the diff and from the wheels.