Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Scotland

Old 16-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starky View Post
Having just found a Schumacher cougar in my loft I've been needing some parts and came across this forum. Used to race back in the early nineties when the Falkirk buggy club was at stenhousemuir (don't know if any of you guys are from that era) and I fancy trying my hand at it again.
My 2 year old son was diagnosed with cancer in November last year and although we've got a long way to go we are through one of the worst parts of it and we are now trying to find some good days out for him.
We would love to come along and give our support to an excellent cause and the fact that there might be a tractor ride in it for my wee boy I can safely say we'll be there.

PS where's the best place to pick up a cheap speed controller and some batteries I'm totally out of touch.
This forum is pretty good for picking up bargains. I'd imagine you'd have to go for lipo cells and brushless motors/speedos etc.
Best thing to do would be to go along to a meeting and have a look and a chat. Regional meeting up in Stonehaven on Sunday if you fancied a drive.

Ps. I think you'll be surprised who still races from back in the stenhousemuir days

Dave
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 17-05-2012

Hi Starky, good to hear that you are going to come over on the 27th. I've got a spare speedo and battery etc lying around that I could lend you for your cougar for the event if you want. I could install them for you too. Do you still have your radio gear and servo? And dont worry, i'll make sure your son gets a go on the tractor.
Old 18-05-2012

Not sure if I should really be racing haven't done it in 20 years but I might take you up on your offer. I was going to try and buy some bits and pieces but I've had a few raised eyebrows from the other half but I think I could sneek a few things. I appear to have a servo,radio gear, and a stock and modified motor (are the motors still called this?).
Just in case anyone remembers me my name is Ross Miller, I'm sure I hired a PA to Andy Dunn (dont know if hes still around) for and outdoor event for the Falkirk buggy club a few years ago.
Old 19-05-2012

You gong back a while now lol
Andy Dunn stopped racing about 4 or 5 years ago now. You will find that technology has moved on with lipo battery's and brushless motors etc the cars are mental fast.
Old 19-05-2012

Hi starky
Simon gave up a few years ago. Now he has decided to return he has found out how much it has moved on. Plus the speed of them now. It will come back to you no probs. so see you there ( stevie dow)
Old 19-05-2012

Stevie I'm amazed at the difference from only 4 years ago. Starky Stevie is correct you will be back up to speed in no time
Old 19-05-2012

Can the old cars handle the new style motors (this sounds like its going to cost a fortune) I remember spending £125 quid on a speed controller all those years back, how the heck did I have that kind of money when I was 15!!!!
Old 20-05-2012

i found a cougar 2000 in my loft too. my son managed to destroy the gearbox in 5 mins of practice the other week with lipo and brushless. in saying that we had done away with the slipper clutch. ill bring whats left of the cougar next week incase theres any spares you migh need
Old 21-05-2012
Mad Member

Hey Colin, what is the situation with power on Sunday? Do we need generators or is there some sort of power source there?

Sorry if you have mentioned this before.....

Dave
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 21-05-2012

Starky you can get a brand new speedo from ebay via honk kong for 28 quid.it is a hobbywing speedo in a different case. Plus motors are cheap to.not much maintanence to these brushless motors. A wee clean & lube.every so often.you will see on sunday mate.
Old 21-05-2012

Good point Dave, as far as i know we have got 3 gennies at the moment which should be plenty for everyone to run off, but if people have got their own feel free to take it. Starky, if you want to race on Sunday you could drop off your car with me and i could fit some stuff in for you. just PM me your mobile number and i'll get back to you.
Old 24-05-2012

How are entries looking for this weekend? Going to be a busy day?

Prepped a car last night, just about remembered what to do. Think the diffs and shocks are going to get a wee overhaul this evening!
Old 24-05-2012

At the moment, counting everyone who has said they'll be there, hopefully about 25-30 folk. The grass is getting cut, rolled and fenced off tommorrow. Will be building the track on the Saturday and will post up some pics. Looks like weve got the weather for Sunday too so remember your sunscreen, glasses and a hat for the baldies(yes I fall into that category). There will also be a 'refreshments' bar too, so if you have a nominated driver you can have a drink. Looking forward to this, it should be good. I'll post an update on Saturday evening with pics and info. Can people contact the folk who dont come on this forum and let them know eg Jim Skillen, the Meikles etc as I dont have their numbers, or maybe a group text, the more the merrier. Cheers, Col.
Old 26-05-2012

Thanks for the offer really appreciate it, just had a hard week with beau (my wee boy) had a lot of surgery and he's not been doing that great. Hopefully tomorrow we will be there (had a bit of a fright tonight with him). Just checking the postcode you gave shows Byres cottage on google maps.
Old 26-05-2012

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]Well, thats the track done and all set up. Looks good and big. Thats the right postcode Starky, you'll not miss it. Everyone thats racing can turn up around 8 ish. Practice about 9 and races start at 10 is the plan. If you get onto the Bellsdyke Road look for the sign to South Alloa and head down that road, go over the motorway fly over and then take the first farm road on your left then first left up into the farm and then turn left inbetween the farm sheds and through the gates, turn up to your right in the field and you'll see us there. Heres some pics of the track. See you in the morning.
Old 26-05-2012

Cant get pics to work. If you have access to my facebook they are in a new album there.
Old 26-05-2012

Send a message via MSN to D20MCK

Old 26-05-2012

Whats your facebook name for us who don't know?
Old 26-05-2012

Send a message via MSN to D20MCK

look again Dawson!! you racing?
Old 26-05-2012

Yes I saw it dave after I posted that

Yes I'm racing I have been up to see the track had a shot and broke the car lol. I'm looking forward to it but I don't have a shelter so I'm hoping I can sneak into the clubs one