Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 02-03-2013

Unhappy SRCC,(Stocksbridge), losing its venue.

SRCC to lose venue

Closure of Stocksbridge Leisure Centre
You may be aware that the Sheffield City Council held a important meeting today (01/03/13) to make decisions on where they can make cuts to their budget. They originally proposed that Stocksbridge Leisure Centre & Don Valley Stadium may be closed.

Sadly both of these centre will be closed, Don Valley in September 2013 & Stocksbridge in April 2013. This will mean the last racing date draws closer for our club in this venue.

To be assured, we aim to keep our club running without any lapse in race meetings and we are currently seeking another venue. On the 25th of February I went to meet representatives of SIV at Concord Leisure Centre. The venue would accommodate our needs with some safety aspects to address on our behalf.

When we have further news we will inform you with the upmost urgency.
Real pity, hope they find another venue.
Old 02-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Terrible news, but the club will move on and be supported by its regulars. I only started going to stocksbridge at Xmas, but have had some excellent racing there with my GT12. Its more of a shame for the locals, who will lose a fantastic leisure centre facility.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-03-2013
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Nowhere in that letter does it say the club is closing - infact it says the exact opposite:
Quote:
To be assured, we aim to keep our club running without any lapse in race meetings and we are currently seeking another venue. On the 25th of February I went to meet representatives of SIV at Concord Leisure Centre. The venue would accommodate our needs with some safety aspects to address on our behalf.
Be careful with thread titles - if occasional users think the club is closed when it isn't...

Last edited by Col; 03-03-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-03-2013

Ghostly Rock,it's not only your club that will have to find an alternative venue my friend,the one that runs at Don Valley will also have to re-locate if they can find anywhere.

Phill
Old 02-03-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Club is not closing at all
http://rcracechat.com/vb/showthread....Leisure-Centre

Closure of Stocksbridge Leisure Centre
You may be aware that the Sheffield City Council held a important meeting today (01/03/13) to make decisions on where they can make cuts to their budget. They originally proposed that Stocksbridge Leisure Centre & Don Valley Stadium may be closed.

Sadly both of these centre will be closed, Don Valley in September 2013 & Stocksbridge in April 2013. This will mean the last racing date draws closer for our club in this venue.

When we have further news we will inform you with the upmost urgency.
Chris Ratcliffe

Chairman & Race Director
www.stocksbridgercc.weebly.com
Old 02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Nowhere in that letter does it say the club is closing - infact it says the exact opposite:
Quote:
Be careful with thread titles - if occasional users think the club is closed when it isn't...
I realised that after I posted, i should reallt have put. 'SRCC VENUE IS CLOSING', but it was too late to change it. I tried the edit button, but you cant change the header.

Last edited by Col; 03-03-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyRock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
I realised that after I posted, i should reallt have put. 'SRCC VENUE IS CLOSING', but it was too late to change it. I tried the edit button, but you cant change the header.
im sure you can change header by clicking advanced when your editing it

Last edited by Col; 03-03-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harrison View Post
im sure you can change header by clicking advanced when your editing it
Cheers, didn't know that.

Last edited by Col; 03-03-2013 at 02:28 PM.