Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 15-12-2008

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_brick View Post
And who at south shields was argueing and shouting across the track to race control about not being able to get into the rerun of a heat when they weren't running when it was stopped.

As it says in the brca book the race directors decision is final.

and on a final note as everyone who was there saw he won anyway, is there any point in winning by default.
But who sat down and took their 'punishment'???

A couple of people weren't running when it was stopped. One re-started so why didn't I?

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 15-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post
But who sat down and took their 'punishment'???

A couple of people weren't running when it was stopped. One re-started so why didn't I?
Agreed you were man enough to take the punishment, but the argueing before hand wasn't exactly good.

As you pointed out there was no punishment given to him from race control.
Old 15-12-2008

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Agreed you were man enough to take the punishment, but the argueing before hand wasn't exactly good.

As you pointed out there was no punishment given to him from race control.
It wasn't good, but I had a point and is was concrete. Unfortunately, Bill couldn't prove or disprove my point so after getting all heated I simply took his decision.

No direction was given from race control all-day. I shouted James twice and got Glenn to marshal for him, but for James to then try and cover up his error was poor. We have rules, when the guy who qualifies on pole for a meeting doesn't marshal its' pretty bad, I guess if it hadn't been one of your mates, you probably want a example made of it.

It's the simplest action we all do.. Race and Marshal.

It's been done now, James knows he made a mistake and was clearly pissed of at himself, to come past me uttering abuse was out of order.

Powered by OptiPower

Old 15-12-2008
Mad Member

Merry Christmas everyone.

Race director decision is final. Maybe not consistent, but final.

Adam took it well at Shields to miss the rerun, and it was worth a bit of a protest from him to try to get in the rerun, I'm sure most people would have done the same.

My car was broken in that qualifier at Shields, but I broke it on the broken ramp which fell to bits, and hence was allowed to restart. Again, it was the race directos discretion.

Im not sure what the situation was at TRCC with the punishment dished out, but if the race director took action, or not, it is upto them to finalise the result.

Great drive by James, great drive by Adam and Lawson, don't think there should be any falling out over it.

So what was the official result from the race director? because I saw James get the 1st place trophy.
Old 15-12-2008

Rule 20.5

Quote:
All finals’ results will be published to allow competitors the opportunity to make objections within a maximum of 15 minutes following the
display of any final.

If the disqualification was decided after the 15 minutes / meeting (@ home or on the way home ) then surely it can’t stand.
Old 15-12-2008

Quote:
No direction was given from race control all-day. I shouted James twice and got Glenn to marshal for him, but for James to then try and cover up his error was poor. We have rules, when the guy who qualifies on pole for a meeting doesn't marshal its' pretty bad, I guess if it hadn't been one of your mates, you probably want a example made of it.
No I wouldn't want an example made of anyone, ask anyone that knows me I'm the type of person who doesn't really care too much about following the rules to the letter.

At the end of the day it's supposed to be a hobby and fun, if you start getting to petty with the rules you will lose a lot of the fun. At nationals, worlds etc fair enough as that is supposed to be the top of the sport, regionals and large club meetings not so important in my opinion.

At south shields for the rerun I'd of probably made a different decision, but that has gone and the decision was made.

Peter
Old 15-12-2008
Legendary dude

My own personal opinion but yesterday was'nt the best regional ive been to. I know people have gone out of their way to run a race meeting and a big thumbs up for that but could it be possible for someone who knows how to use the race software to run race control. Most people got there at 8am and racing started near 11am. It was a long wait. Also i know we have been spoilt by places like Worksop, York and the old Teeside race track which are big halls but the track was not wide enough for overtaking . I know the club have to make the best out of what they have to use and please dont take this as me slagging off Teeside club because i used to enjoy the trip up to the club but yesterday was abit of a let down.
Old 15-12-2008

Quote:
No I wouldn't want an example made of anyone, ask anyone that knows me I'm the type of person who doesn't really care too much about following the rules to the letter.

At the end of the day it's supposed to be a hobby and fun, if you start getting to petty with the rules you will lose a lot of the fun. At nationals, worlds etc fair enough as that is supposed to be the top of the sport, regionals and large club meetings not so important in my opinion.

At south shields for the rerun I'd of probably made a different decision, but that has gone and the decision was made.

Peter
Agreed. But not marshaling isn't petty. It's the thing that got drilled into all club members when I started racing 20 years ago.

To put Irri Tant's quoting to bed. The race director was made aware of the problem before the final ran.

As Chris said, I'm not going to fall out over it, but when people come on forums poorly informed, spouting their mouths off, it irritates me.

I wasn't going to stay around and complain, I had a 2 hour journey home for the second time in 2 weeks. What was done was done.

Powered by OptiPower

Old 15-12-2008

Quote:
Agreed. But not marshaling isn't petty. It's the thing that got drilled into all club members when I started racing 20 years ago.
I didn't say the not marshaling was petty, it is something that everyone should do, I freely admit I didn't marshal in the first round but I got a couple of stand ins while I was sorting the computer problems, it was also noted that certain others didn't at certain points, if you are going to penalise one person you need to have someone watching every heat and marshal and make it the same for everyone. Is there any volunteers for this job???
At the minute it's hard enough for clubs to get enough people to run a regional let alone referee every heat.

What I said is some people get to involved in the rule book at what is supposed to be fun event.

Peter
Old 15-12-2008
Mad Member

adam on behalf of james he would like to thank you for getting glenn to marshal for him

welldone james.

i have noticed over the years some people don't like it when we have a new winner or someone who isn't in there gang.

i wasn't there, but what i have read we all make mistakes, and we have to learn from them.
i think james has learn't from his mistake now lets see if we can be big enough to congratulate him on his first regional win.
Old 15-12-2008

Quote:
I didn't say the not marshaling was petty, it is something that everyone should do, I freely admit I didn't marshal in the first round but I got a couple of stand ins while I was sorting the computer problems, it was also noted that certain others didn't at certain points, if you are going to penalise one person you need to have someone watching every heat and marshal and make it the same for everyone. Is there any volunteers for this job???
At the minute it's hard enough for clubs to get enough people to run a regional let alone referee every heat.

What I said is some people get to involved in the rule book at what is supposed to be fun event.

Peter
Normally, it's the job of race control to monitor this with the help of the 'do not leave your point till you are relieved' axiom. It then self regulates itself.

If you are not relieved you point it out to race control. This wouldn't have helped on Sunday, but it was pointed out to Race Control.

So you think that the rule book should be 'bendy'. Opening pandora's box here.
People weren't too involved, I was surprised to find the ruling, most of us thought a 10 second penalty was the penalty to be applied, but we were shocked to find otherwise. 'Ask Damo who read the rule'