Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 09-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

3vcs seem dirt cheap without the 2.4 setup so if funds are tight you could always stick with 27/40mhz and find out if you like the tranny before you commit to 2.4.

also with this tranny I put a £20 ebay lipo in which runs it for 15hrs before it needs a recharge. I hate having to recharge the tranny every other meeting as I found with my old KO, but that probably could of been solved with a proper set of AA's
Old 10-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops View Post
Yes im warming towards thge futaba.It also looks neater than the ko..So you dont use the futaba 2.4 you use the specrtum module and reciever in the futaba? If thats correct then any reason?
Thanks Slowone
No probs! I use Spektrum because I bought it originally for my Futaba FF3, wanted to use it on the 3VC. Imagine that, a 15 year-old Tx (FF3) that would already accept the new 2.4 Ghz modules straight away!!

I was only looking for a new Tx, the one offered had both 40Mhz and Spektrum modules/receivers included. Although a bit more than I wanted to pay, the seller was offering them in excellent condition, and he came with a great recommendation from someone I know who knew him, so the deal was done and I now have two Spektrum modules and receivers. HTH
Old 10-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

ko gets my vote
Ive got the spektrum caps spare if you wanted to borrow one
Old 10-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsten View Post
ko gets my vote
We can't both be wrong surely!
Get a KO!
Old 10-08-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Yes you can, lol!!!

Futaba are the best manufacturers out there, my venerable old 3VC still is faultless and running 2.4GHz, only ever had it go fail safe once, and that was cured by a cap on the receiver.

K.O. at your peril.... lol
Old 10-08-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to dave g

sanwa
Old 11-08-2010

another vote for the 3vcs.
keep an eye out on ebay.
I got a T3VCS 2.4ghz for £92 delivered!!!!
It is replacing a 3VC that I bought in 2000 so no quibbles on quality or faults!!
Old 11-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
K.O. at your peril.... lol
Pah, rubbish, never had any problems with KO
Old 11-08-2010
Mad Member

Unhappy

Ko sets are great to use, but a lot of people seem to be having trouble with 2.4ghz. I do, sometimes mine just won't bind. Although I've seen people have similar problems with spectrum
Love my ko. Just wish it would work properly all the time like it used to do
Old 11-08-2010
Mad Member

I use the esprit 3 with Spektrum and its been very good, but on Sunday i was having signal issues with it. So i took the module out the back, bent the pins slightly to make better contact with the module and it did the trick.

But apart from needing to do that little mod, its been a great controller, and so was the esprit 2 before that which also used Spektrum.
Old 11-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've got the spektrum module in mine, so no binding problems and it's been fine plus I've not needed to bend any pins to make it work either?

Trouble with transmitters is that much of it is subjective and down to personal preference. In truth there isn't much to choose between them and the best thing Owen can do is try the Futaba to see if he'd get on with it (the universe feels the same to use as the Esprit 2)
The menus on both are easy to use - Universe is a big improvement over the Esprit 2
Old 12-08-2010

I've always used Ko, im wanting to upgrade to 2.4 has anyone any experience with the Sanwa exzes 2.4 system i think it's the same as the M11. Also is it easy to navagate the tranny.
Old 12-08-2010
Mad Member

the sanwa exzes has a very very easy menu system,nice large screen and simple to program.
the newer exzes plus has more things to program but the same style easy menu

its also one of the most comfortable ergonomic radios going and feels just right to hold,i know of 3 people that have changed to the sanwa this last month due to having problems with their ko and futaba 2.4's overheating and shutting down (but im talking rallyx here and dont think the 5 min electric boys have this problem)

the only bad thing if it is a bad thing,is dont charge thru the charging jack on the transmitter,remove the battery to charge has it has been known to blow the internal fuse.

overall a cracking radio.
Old 12-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave g View Post
the only bad thing if it is a bad thing,is dont charge thru the charging jack on the transmitter,remove the battery to charge has it has been known to blow the internal fuse.
That may explain why mine stopped working over the weekend... Stopped working after I had been charging via the jack.

Any ideas how to replace the internal fuse?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2010
Mad Member

try plugging the charging jack back in and out a few times as it has been known to stick in the open state causing the tx to not get any power.

failing that its pretty easy if your very good with a soldering iron as its a surface mount jobby,if you dont know what your doing you could really mess it up tho.

i will send you a link on how to fix it via pm as its on another usa based forum.

or you could speak to dave baileys dad,im sure he can sort it for you.
Old 12-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave g View Post
try plugging the charging jack back in and out a few times as it has been known to stick in the open state causing the tx to not get any power.

failing that its pretty easy if your very good with a soldering iron as its a surface mount jobby,if you dont know what your doing you could really mess it up tho.

i will send you a link on how to fix it via pm as its on another usa based forum.

or you could speak to dave baileys dad,im sure he can sort it for you.
Thanks for that - yes I would appreciate the link please. Shame to throw a nice TX out. My Dads an electrical engineer so any soldering jobs goto him

Thanks again.
Old 12-08-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

I've recently switched to the Exzes X from KO, and it's a very good radio. I haven't 100% got comfortable holding it yet, but it's getting better every time I use it.

Overall very happy with it - although I haven't fully got my head around what is where on the menu either!!
Old 12-08-2010
Mad Member

just make sure you turn the abs and arc curves off as they arent needed and thats it really.