Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 15-12-2008

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
I think it's too much to ask the club to organise referees (says me, the designated referee organiser for the Jarrow regional ), however, I think you've come up with a good idea Adam, Marshall number 10 should be a referee??? Could be a problem if you get an inexperienced driver with number 10?
Inexperienced- Everyone will be to start, we can't all hide behind the inexperienced excuse (Don't take this the wrong way), but we all started somewhere with racing.
It won't be long before people get experienced. If we become self regulating people will be more aware of what they do and how it affects people.

Better doing this than leaving it to the same people to offer their time every meeting.

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 15-12-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post
Tell him no problem
Your sarcasm I find amusing.
Your comments about being in gang's I find hilarious, having sorted James B4 out at South Shields outdoor regional last year I think you might find your comments misplaced.

But as you weren't there you must be in another gang.
i'm in my gang
Old 15-12-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
I thought you would have tried a bit harder to get past then Dave, you had the speed, front wheel drive must have hindered you towards the end of the race.
I passed you at least once when I had 4wd! Stuck it to you on the exit of the banked corner. I thought we had some good racing in that final, and I could make passes in my heat too. Perhaps I just got lucky.
Old 15-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post
Before we have been lucky with having referees who give time at meetings to referee.
Maybe we ought to look at refereeing ourselves. It's been done before. Each heat nominates a driver to referee the heat after they marshal.

It worked at South Shields.

Or the club who are putting on the event supply they're own referee's, it's in their interest to put on a good meeting.

As far as I am aware not one club has asked for any refereeing help at any round. So we can't complain when there is none.
Only problem I can foresee with that is back to consistency again one person may make desicions totally different to others, i.e he's my mate so I didn't see that.

I can't really think of anyway to do it without maybe causing grief, out of interest how are the national's refereed, is it one person all heats or different ones

Peter
Old 15-12-2008

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_brick View Post
Only problem I can foresee with that is back to consistency again one person may make desicions totally different to others, i.e he's my mate so I didn't see that.

I can't really think of anyway to do it without maybe causing grief, out of interest how are the national's refereed, is it one person all heats or different ones

Peter
Nationals: Referees are appointed and used throughout the season.
The referees were adn have been for a number of years.
Lindsay Skelding
Stuart Whyman
Andrew Jones
Damian Whittle
Mike Riley (I think has done some)

Pretty much the same pattern and to some extent personnel has been used at regionals until last year, when other commitments meant that our 'usual' refs did not referee and it was left to the drivers at South Shields, which sorted itself out quite well.

I've done a stint at regionals before refereeing heats as has Steve Kirk, Damo, Tom C, Rich Lowe, Steve Pierce and Northy aswell as plenty of others.

As for consistency, this will never be fully achieved, just like in football. You will reach a certain level, and then you take the rough with the smooth. But as a driver doing the refereeing you have the advantage of knowing what is possible under the conditions.

Incidents at nationals and Euros have been overturned where the referee got it wrong and the driver who wasn't at fault stepped in to overturn the decision against the 'offending' driver.

On track decisions have to be taken at that moment, off track ones can be scrutinized and then put to the appropriate person. At South Shields as drivers rep I had 2 such instances to deal with in the finals

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 15-12-2008

Quote:
I think it's too much to ask the club to organise referees (says me, the designated referee organiser for the Jarrow regional ), however, I think you've come up with a good idea Adam, Marshall number 10 should be a referee??? Could be a problem if you get an inexperienced driver with number 10?
Chris I do believe that's your new title, instead of it being driver 10 you may be better off with it being driver 1 due to the low attendances etc you can't guarantee that every heat/final will have 10 in it.

Peter
Old 15-12-2008
Mad Member

I dont think for one minute James just decided he didn't fancy marshalling, or he simply couldn't be bothered.

He was in my 2wd heat and was one of the best marshalls there.

I think it would be unfair to issue penalties to someone who made an honest mistake. If we started punishing this i think we'd all start getting penalties.

I thought the day went well once Peter Ellis stepped in and sorted the computer. The track was good and there were limited opportunities to overtake but this just made it more fun...
Old 15-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7ELA View Post
The track was good and there were limited opportunities to overtake but this just made it more fun...
I recall York this year being similar in that it was a one liner with limited room for passing
Old 15-12-2008
Mad Member

agreed i thought york was a tight track also...

Not that i think this is a bad thing.
Old 15-12-2008
Lee-Mag

Maybe this is because the clubs are trying to please everyone, and in turn trying to fit too much into a track ?

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 15-12-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

the york track wasn't tight in my thoughts, it was more the features that prevented people from getting easy clean lines past others on the track as there were maybe too many features, as everone always saying they want bumpy mat sections, a big jump, and corner table tops then all realised having many features to please everyone then made it difficult for good passing points, as soon as you had cleared one feature you were already at the next having to get your car in the right line for them. I personally loved the fact that there were lots of features as it was much more 'offroad' The York commitee realised there was difficulty with passing people on the track and this will be taken into consideration when building the brca indoor finals track

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7ELA View Post
agreed i thought york was a tight track also...

Not that i think this is a bad thing.
Old 15-12-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hudson View Post
the york track wasn't tight in my thoughts, it was the features that prevented people from getting clean lines past others on the track as there were maybe too many features, as soon as you had cleared one feature you were already at the next having to get your car in the right line for them.

Does that not mean the track was tight...???
Old 15-12-2008

I think you all should stop ranting and get down TRCC on saturday night with a TT01 for some proper racing
Old 15-12-2008

Send a message via MSN to gazbaz2

First id like to thank all that turned up on the day to race and supporting this great hobby, id like to thank the people that stayed back to help put the track away and clear up after themselves i.e. taking there rubbish home with them unlike some people who kindly left there's for use to take home and put in our bins,
BIG BIG thanks to pete ellis aka Turbo Brick for sorting the computer software problem out (your 1 in a million matey) also thanks to carole for offering to do race control, we all know it can be a thankful job at the best of times.

As for the track, some may or may not know that TRCC do not really run buggies nor got the facilities for them, so we don't have the gear, me and several others that gave up there saturday night to build the track with very limited gear to work with did our very best,
i've been racing buggies for 4 years now, racing at regional's, national finals plus club racing and all i've heard through the years is....track was to tight, to big, to small, to slippy, to grippy, not enough carpet, to much carpet, jumps are to big, to many features.
I think we should just all accept the track as it is, members of the clubs do there very best and go out of there way for people to race, CLUBS i solute you, well done to all clubs that put on a good day/nights racing whether its regional or just club days
Old 15-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazbaz2 View Post
First id like to thank all that turned up on the day to race and supporting this great hobby, id like to thank the people that stayed back to help put the track away and clear up after themselves i.e. taking there rubbish home with them unlike some people who kindly left there's for use to take home and put in our bins,
BIG BIG thanks to pete ellis aka Turbo Brick for sorting the computer software problem out (your 1 in a million matey) also thanks to carole for offering to do race control, we all know it can be a thankful job at the best of times.

As for the track, some may or may not know that TRCC do not really run buggies nor got the facilities for them, so we don't have the gear, me and several others that gave up there saturday night to build the track with very limited gear to work with did our very best,
i've been racing buggies for 4 years now, racing at regional's, national finals plus club racing and all i've heard through the years is....track was to tight, to big, to small, to slippy, to grippy, not enough carpet, to much carpet, jumps are to big, to many features.
I think we should just all accept the track as it is, members of the clubs do there very best and go out of there way for people to race, CLUBS i solute you, well done to all clubs that put on a good day/nights racing whether its regional or just club days
Well said Gazz
Old 15-12-2008

Who won "The Aces" ???
Old 15-12-2008

One thing that came to light when 1st heat listing was produced was that some drivers had no 'F' rating against there name. It put one would be A finalist in the 1st heat of 4wd. 2wd was the same with one F3 in the 1st heat rather than up the order. Approx 4/5 drivers had an F rating in one class but not the other.

Then there was another resort whilst drivers who had booked were removed but didn't let race control or the section know before hand. Some drivers did post on here that they may not attend but may not have been picked up or forgotten about on by the time booking in came.

Didn't something similar happen at York with the heat listing due to F ratings being missing?

Pointed this out to G, so maybe the heat listings will be better sorted for the next round once the F ratings are rectified
Old 15-12-2008

Well.....All I can say is a great big thank you to carole for doing race control...At the end of the day, we did not have anyone else, and Carole out of the kindness of her heart, stepped in at the last minute...she deserves a medal for doing her best and not loosing it with anyone who gave her grief. This was her day off and she did not have to be there, she is not even a committee member....NO RACE DIRECTOR....NO REGIONAL!!!! Thank you Peter for helping out with computer problems throughout the day especially at the beginning.

Thanks to all TRCC committee for setting up the venue on saturday night and also staying behind afterwards on sunday.
I most certainly wont be organising any further events... We all put our time and effort into these events with no benefits to ourselves..all for the benefit, fun and enjoyment of other people....No matter how perfect, bad, good the track, venue or running of it is...you will always find something to complain about....Racing is supposed to be fun and enjoyable for everyone.

Graham actually asked me my opinion, (not the race director) on the point of someone not marshalling, and whether or not he should loose all of his points!! Between the two of us we decided that

"IT IS CHRISTMAS AND IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN"...

Anyway well done to everyone...And have a great xmas

Jane
Old 15-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
Well.....All I can say is a great big thank you to carole for doing race control...At the end of the day, we did not have anyone else, and Carole out of the kindness of her heart, stepped in at the last minute...she deserves a medal for doing her best and not loosing it with anyone who gave her grief. This was her day off and she did not have to be there, she is not even a committee member....NO RACE DIRECTOR....NO REGIONAL!!!! Thank you Peter for helping out with computer problems throughout the day especially at the beginning.

Thanks to all TRCC committee for setting up the venue on saturday night and also staying behind afterwards on sunday.
I most certainly wont be organising any further events... We all put our time and effort into these events with no benefits to ourselves..all for the benefit, fun and enjoyment of other people....No matter how perfect, bad, good the track, venue or running of it is...you will always find something to complain about....Racing is supposed to be fun and enjoyable for everyone.

Graham actually asked me my opinion, (not the race director) on the point of someone not marshalling, and whether or not he should loose all of his points!! Between the two of us we decided that

"IT IS CHRISTMAS AND IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN"...

Anyway well done to everyone...And have a great xmas

Jane
well said jane

Feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23224
Old 15-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by big air View Post
Well said Gazz
i 2nd that !!!

Feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23224