Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 20-03-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

urgh, urgh, urgh urgh, slurp slurp
you munchin tomoz, or coming down here?? Maggsy's coming

Just sent you email too
Old 20-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

munchin

no email received
Old 20-03-2010

Hmmm im certainly not disrespecting you for where you choose to drive Dave, that was honestly just jesting with you... If i have offended you for that then i apologise.

In a past life as a wanabee tennis player I spent years playing anywhere where i could get the best competition that i felt would improve my game - anywhere in the UK, and often over in France to get claycourt experience. But i never forgot where i lived, I represented my Club & County when i could sometimes sacrificing bigger tournaments, even if the competition was not as strong as i wanted it to be. Not unlike your driving situation i think ?

Im just making the point that with talent such as yourself, Griff & Craig to name the three 'big' names, surely we should be making use the names & reputation of people such as yourselves to make Welsh Buggy Racing more popular again ? And maybe encourage younger drivers to take over your mantles in the future ? How many youngsters do we see these days that stick at it ? Most of the people down Caldicot are mostly 25+, some, ahem, even more... Not particulary good for the future of the sport ?

I still feel im right about the WRCA site & forums though. Maybe a good idea is to get the Forums up and running again and get people to put ideas together ? Or at least to 'centralise' ideas rather than being spread out everywhere ?

I also agree with DCM's ( Steve is it ? Sorry i dont think we've met ? Hello ) idea of a stricter structure might also bear fruit - would a seperate electric buggy committee be an plausable idea ? In my experience a committee running 2 or 3 sections within the one committee is largley controlled by the majority of one section... by the sounds of it, that could be the case here ? Its either biased heavily towards one section or there are so many compromises no-one is happy... Been there, done that, got the bruises !

Hmmm i think i may end up upsetting the applecart here a bit, if anyone thinks im going over the top just say so and ill shut up.

Maybe
Old 20-03-2010

I miss, in order of Missness...

Neath (at BP Llandarsy)
Abergavenny
Oakdale

The more drivers, the merrier.....

As for strictness, I mean, in the likes of time keeping on the day, etc, fed up of getting somewhere at 8am not to actually start till 11.... at least
Old 20-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
I also agree with DCM's ( Steve is it ? Sorry i dont think we've met ? Hello ) idea of a stricter structure might also bear fruit - would a seperate electric buggy committee be an plausable idea ? In my experience a committee running 2 or 3 sections within the one committee is largley controlled by the majority of one section... by the sounds of it, that could be the case here ? Its either biased heavily towards one section or there are so many compromises no-one is happy... Been there, done that, got the bruises !

Hmmm i think i may end up upsetting the applecart here a bit, if anyone thinks im going over the top just say so and ill shut up.

Maybe
Seperate sections would be a good idea, but currently, until more 10th runners step up to the plate, it would be left to me and Pete, and we would just be Vintage or ban non-tamiya cars lol..... but the idea of seperate sections has been discussed.

And yeap, Steve... Dave's painting bitch..
Old 20-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Not at all Matt, just unfortunate you should be the last in a line of people saying what you have said in jest, that they have said in seriousness, hence the slightly annoyed response, sorry (Steve aka DCM will know following our convo the other evening)

Just to re-iterate, the so called "big names" which doesnt really sit that comfortably, will be flying the flag this season so lets try and get it done

As mentioned, there is deffo some really promising talent present, lets develop that and bring in some more, we are a pretty friendly bunch after all arent we

Anyhow Steve, is my shell done yet ? I know I havent given you it yet but is it ready yet ? What about now ? Now How about now
Old 20-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsten View Post
Anyhow Steve, is my shell done yet ? I know I havent given you it yet but is it ready yet ? What about now ? Now How about now
It's all done dooode, in my head, which is far better, as I won't be sneezing blue, white and pink boogers tomorrow

In all seriousness though...... I would love to make BIG changes to get things working better, and I fully know a few things....

1) I won't be popular
2) I WILL piss some people off
3) It won't fully happen this year, but some things can
4) It will be so worth it to have GOOD racing back in Wales

p.s. the new COBRA venue is bigger than a big thing thats been pumped up to XXL
Old 20-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
In all seriousness though...... I would love to make BIG changes to get things working better, and I fully know a few things....

1) I won't be popular - Any different to normal ?
2) I WILL piss some people off - As above
p.s. the new COBRA venue is bigger than a big thing thats been pumped up to XXL
Comments added, yes ive been drinking and I do think Im funny

No one is ever popular for trying to introduce change
Old 20-03-2010

WRCA 1/10th buggies at swansea this year was quite intresting.............

4wd was me and Rob West and i think one other. Well the meeting was crap. Track was undriveable for 1/10th and all the wrca seemed to be intrested in was the nitro. Scrap the nitro and put the WRCA back to what it was. A 1/10th electric regional.
Old 20-03-2010

Mr Belsten.... you are duly charged with PUI..... Posting Under the Influence!!!
Old 20-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
WRCA 1/10th buggies at swansea this year was quite intresting.............

4wd was me and Rob West and i think one other. Well the meeting was crap. Track was undriveable for 1/10th and all the wrca seemed to be intrested in was the nitro. Scrap the nitro and put the WRCA back to what it was. A 1/10th electric regional.
Any chance of offering something a little more constructive or positive Craig ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Mr Belsten.... you are duly charged with PUI..... Posting Under the Influence!!!
I apologise
Old 20-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsten View Post
Any chance of offering something a little more constructive or positive Craig ?

I apologise
Not really, was so dissapointed with the WRCA event. Had not done one for a few years as been racing touring cars so just wanted some where local to race.

When i stopped doing the WRCA events nitro was just starting to "creep" in to the frame. Was never a good thing really. Do miss the winter events though.

Might drag the buggy off the shelf this year if there is promise of a well run meeting!
Old 21-03-2010

All this constructive and positive banter(hopefully not just banter though) Lovin it guys...Who'd have thought a 13yr old newbee could have stirred up so much trouble!! I predict an awesome season for 10th electric racing in wales Keep that kettle boiling big guns!
O,s pop
Old 21-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Unfortunately as 10th is no longer as popular as it used to be it means the youngsters are getting into the other classes first.
It also means that we have to share the tracks and clubs with the 8th guys if we want more than 2 rounds of a regional championship.

Since I started up again the WRCA site and forums have always been dead quiet, I just don't think there's sufficient interest for a standalone site to work. We've this section on the best forum for 10th offroad, but is there an equivalent on an 8th forum? (I don't even know of any 8th forums!)

Let's try and pull together and publicise this season's regionals and get the entries up a bit.

Steve, something you ought to know about Matt (Dyna) is that if we did make it vintage or Tamiya only then it's only going to encourage him!! Just thinking actually, there will easily be enough Tamiyas to fill a heat if we all turned up to the same meeting!

And finally, Mr Harris and I have done our part for making sure that there will be at least 2 under 25s racing 10th before too long, now over to the rest of you
Old 21-03-2010

don't forget, I got my lot racing, well, 60% of them
Old 21-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sorry Steve, I didn't mean to leave you out, it was more of a reference to Caldicot!
Old 23-03-2010

www.maxbashing.com
The ultimate 1/8th forum!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post

Since I started up again the WRCA site and forums have always been dead quiet, I just don't think there's sufficient interest for a standalone site to work. We've this section on the best forum for 10th offroad, but is there an equivalent on an 8th forum? (I don't even know of any 8th forums!)