Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 01-09-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

thanks all for a great weekend of racing. Welldone to everyone who won especially greg, ben and connor. Thanks also to Eastrax RC for a great venue and food

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 01-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
Thanks Eastrax for a great weekend. Really enjoyed maself. Thought the tracks were cool. I know its hard with where the features are but maybe there could of been a few more different type's of corners instead of hairpins Sorry if i sound like im moaning lol.
Also a big thanks for the lend of chris doughty's car for today and all the help and support i got from mick. It felt weird not working on my car haha
Oh and the mid west crew for all the support ya gave me. Your all superstars

Cheers ben
Well done Ben!! proves what my car is capable of when its got some good thumbs on it
Old 01-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

great week end for us all well done to all that atteneded i was nt so luck y this weekend but still had fun well done to nathan waters for bringing home the titles but days and well done to everyone in the mid east you all did brilliant and as charlie said it was nice to get the regoinal title on home turf and a big thanks to paul at eastrax for a top weekend lastly well done jack neal fpr a brilliant drive all weekend and tq the 4wd with a 2wd ae b4 ,,, it was nice to see alot of peps i ve not seen in a while ,Northy, wraggy the reace place crew kev john gaffa joe and ian and thanks nigel for all your help this weekend mate your pred was sweet thanks for letting me have a go at the end mate ,,, loads of orders to sort out now so see you all at cov after i pulled my head out of this pile of shells and painted them all

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 01-09-2008
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

A big well done and thanks to Eastrax, the BRCA Officials, Timekeepers and referees Yardy, Phil & Charlie and co wouldn't have wanted your job!, also commentating from DC, Phil and Mr.W.

Congrats to Ben and Greg, Conner, Nathan, DC and all the other A-Finalists, there were some great finals to watch

Thanks for the loan of the CAT from grant and mossy for the assistance with it, all the guys who ran them i'm sure will vouch that they are ACE , none of us had run them before and just look at the results!

PS. Does anyone have a vid of the 1st leg of the A ?
Old 01-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Well done to all, the organisers did a great job as per usual. Thanks to Mossy and the rest for the pitting space and pink/black sausages.

I had a bod weekend, 2wd was shocking and 4wd was dissapointing. 4th in round 1, then two rounds of rear wheel drive when my hexes went in the front wheels followed by round 4 where i was going 4th overall only for the slipper to self destruct Nevermind, F3's here i come!
Old 01-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

Thanks to all the Guys at Eastrax had a fun weekend in many ways .
dissapointed with both my days racing but the competition was very high and proved very difficult to get in a good final ..
sunday proved a little more challenging for me, practice was so funny as i dont think i could get within 3 foot of any corner due to me being still drunk i think .(still it was amusing for alot of people anyway) lol..
think my head cleared around heat 4 .
well done to all that won expecially Ben (outstanding mate) ..
Old 01-09-2008

Send a message via MSN to Gemma

haha I didnt even laugh once at you Wraggy!! You drunk!!

I just loved seeing how rough you were Sunday morning!

You'll either love me or hate me!

Last edited by Gemma; 01-09-2008 at 09:45 AM. Reason: x
Old 01-09-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

I loved your tools you had for eating on sat wraggy, scalpel burger was a bit scary mind. Wish i'd had a camera
Old 01-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

i think DC had his camera ?? but you should of been there Fri night when i was throwing him into his tent !!!!

Last edited by Wraggy; 01-09-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

throwing people into there tents!! and i thought you where shy and quiet
Old 01-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

He was very close to jumping on my tent with trish in it lmao.
Old 01-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

what is it with your tent and people attacking it at EOS and f3 finals
Old 01-09-2008

Send a message via MSN to Gemma

Must be a Magnet for drunks!!

You'll either love me or hate me!

Old 01-09-2008

Ditto everyone else. Well done to Eastrax organisers and the BRCA - great fun and very competitive.
Special thanks to Tom Yardy and Phil Sleigh - outstanding refereeing to to get 99.99% of your calls bang on - not even the paid premiership refs get it right as often as you guys did.
Great to see many F1s and superstars lending a hand / equipment to the others - Greg Williams was awesome with Niggs X6 but star of the weekend for me was Ben. Yesterday's drive was simply incredible.
Don't want to take anything away from the other winners who also drove fantastic but his was a very special performance.
slightly saddened by the lack of meerkats at the event - thought you boyz would of been up for the challenge - maybe you felt vulnerable in the flat lands on the fens??

Great to see Ishy again after so many years - nice to know I'm not the only one going grey.

Grest weekend - those that couldn't make it missed a great one (don't want to rub it in too much)

Looking forward to 2010 already - as a vet maybe
Old 01-09-2008
Mad Member

Where to start for the weekend.....

Saturday was a little disapointing from not only my point of view but for all othe Mid West drivers. Myself, Griff (isn't he Welsh?) and Bish all making the B Final and failing....

Saturday night was good though, a 1.5 hours drive with Southwell at the helm and sick Trish in the front seat resulted in a Tesco being found, McDonals being eaten and a Disposable BBQ being set-up on Trishs table when we got back!

Wraggy was hammered when we got back, 3 bottles of wine and no shame when it came to eating Black Sausages with a scalpel, funny as fook mate.

Sunday started off poorly for me as well, leading Heat 10 from Sharpy by about 3 seconds and landed awkwardly off the first table top and sanpped a front wishbone, Sharpy went on to TQ the round as well!

Took a 6th in both Rounds 2 and 3 and drove way to safe in Round 3, both of these rounds could (and should) have been 3rds at the least.

Went out in Round 4 and absolutly hammered the track to take a 3rd, really shows what the CAT could have done all day if I'd attacked! Ended up qualifying 8th with 9 points, 10 point bottomed outt he A Final!

First Leg I got a 3rd after passing Arslan on the second to last hairpin. This was the most pleasing drive of the day as I was 10th after the first corner and had to put passing moves on Bish, Sharpy and Arslan to get to up to 3rd, everyone else seemed to 'fall' out of the way! Plus I had 2 25.5 second laps while I was pushing!

Second leg was carnage and I was running about 5th when the rear diff seized up, finished 9th

Last leg was the most exciting of the day for me, I ended up in a battle for 4th with James Helliwell and passed him on the last corner to beat him in a drag race by 0.02 of a second, watch the clip on YouTube as it shows out last gasp finish! No overall damage done to James as he still came in 3rd and the extar point helped me finish 4th!!

A great day for Schumacher as mentioned earlier with 4 CATs in the top 8 qualifying and all finished in the top 6 overall.

Special Thanks to Mossy for the laon of his gear for the weekend and the fact I had nothing to do other than sit there!

Mentions to Southwell, Trish and Wraggy, great pitting times over the weekend and Southwell if you can drive the F3s like you did yesterday I will be backing you for special things!

PS : Well done Ben, if it wasn't for the 'lady' inspiring you on the Saturday night who knows how well you would have driven on Sunday!!
Old 01-09-2008

Big thanks and well done to all involved from Eastrax and the BRCA, enjoyed the weekend

Well done to the fellow mid-east lads who made a A final over the two days, for 5 out of the 6 of us this being our first full seasons racing for several years. Good to see the region doing well and back on the tenth off road map.

Well done Nathan for doing the double, a true champion! & to Ben, some excellent driving to take the U16's

The Cat exceeded all my expectations, a truly awesome car! Thanks to Andy, Phil & Matt for there help on the day and well done to all the Schuey lads on their performances with a car that they had never ran before!
Old 01-09-2008

Well Ben I had a great day if you take that super smoooooth drive into
2009 then F1 driver for sure
Well done mate.
Old 01-09-2008
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickD View Post
Well Ben I had a great day if you take that super smoooooth drive into
2009 then F1 driver for sure
Well done mate.
Thanks alot. Felt weird just sitting around with nothing to do whist the car was worked on

ben
Old 01-09-2008
Lee-Mag

Well, ben and Smooth in the same sentence WOW.

But we all saw a different lil ben yesterday, i think his head just clicked with his thumbs and nobody stood a chance, as Mick kept saying there was nothing special in the car it was just as it was taken off the track at stotfold last week, but ben had the confidence and drove properly and realised that you dont have to thrash it to be quick.

Well done Ben and Mick, i think Mick was just as happy, and im sure Mr Atomic Carbon will have a big smile too

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 01-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Well, ben and Smooth in the same sentence WOW.

But we all saw a different lil ben yesterday, i think his head just clicked with his thumbs and nobody stood a chance, as Mick kept saying there was nothing special in the car it was just as it was taken off the track at stotfold last week, but ben had the confidence and drove properly and realised that you dont have to thrash it to be quick.

Well done Ben and Mick, i think Mick was just as happy, and im sure Mr Atomic Carbon will have a big smile too
I think I will be sacked if I am not careful... these new young hot-shots trying to take my seat