Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 12-07-2015

Default xray t2 belt twisted and caught on spur area

just would like some advice here, the lad was running an xray t2 his belt after a race twisted so i rolled it round and un twisted it, went on to next race all good and fine, next race his belt had twisted and caught in the spur area stopping anything from moving forward i got it untwisted out of the spur area it was stuck in and on he went(took some time to get it out) what i would like to know is why would this happen? does he need a new belt ? some one said i can tension it but i looked they looked and no one seemed any the wiser, any info thanks guys
Old 13-07-2015

Front or rear? I would say by now it should be replaced, check your pulleys for debris between the teeth, to tension you rotate the eccentric bushings to push the pulley further forward or back. Rear belt should be almost loose front should be almost tight
Old 13-07-2015

Has it happened before?

Do you run on carpet?

I used to run a T2 a few years ago on carpet and suffered this on occasion. Once a belt has twisted once it is wise to change both of them as their structure breaks down and become a lot more likely to repeatedly twist. I found the main cause to be debris from the carpet (compacted fluff) mixed with tape adhesive and tyre additive. The diff pulleys are not too hard to check in situ but the drive pulleys really need to come out first.

Once you have the belts off, check every pulley for compacted stuff and scrape it out with a small watch screwdriver.

Hope this helps.
Old 13-07-2015

It also helps, If you put some tip x on the nubs to hi-lite them/make them easier to see to get them both in the same place. I do this with all my cars.
Old 19-07-2015

It is also worth making sure that the diff I in the right way around, as the diff gear is off-centre and that everything is running smoothly, but not too loose.