Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 03-06-2009

Default South Lakes Regional

Here is the information that you need:-

Practice Starts:- 10:00 - 10:45
Booking-In Starts :- 9.30 - 10:15
Racing Starts:- 11:00
Light Refreshments, tea, coffee, cans, chrisps ect provided by school pta during most of the day
Speed Limit:- for real cars is 2mph.
There will be no P.A. announcmeants before 10am to keep noise down, so please come and book in as soon as you arrive.
Entrance to the school:-
Turn left into Vicarage park school gates, turn first right, over a large ramp (lowered cars take care) and turn left, drive along the back of the school buildings onto the playground. To ensure everyone can park in the same place close to the track, share lifts where convenient, and please take care when parking.

Directions to Vicarige Park school Kendal
From the South Use the M6 turning left off the M6 at Junction 36,
Turn left (about 3rd turning) following signs for south kendal on the A6 shortly after the shell petrol station.
Follow the A6 into Kendal, straight on though the only set of traffic lights
Turn next left at the end of the collage buildings in to vicarage drive carry on straight for 400meters, turning left into vicarage park primary school

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?source...N&hl=en&tab=wl Aiming for the playground at the lower edge of the school

For those who haven't raced at South Lakes before, We will be running on a different area to normal,so we have not raced there either! it's all grass, with plenty of sloping sections, hopefully a jump or 2 and will be cut very short
All information pertaining to the regional will be posted on www.southlakesmodelcarclub.org.uk/forum and we will endeavour to ensure that relevant information is posted on Oople too. But the clubs website should be your first information point.
Old 03-06-2009
Mad Member

I'm really looking forward to this one....
Old 03-06-2009
Mad Member

Me too. It`s been far to long since South Lakes held a regional.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 03-06-2009

Default south lakes

cant wait
Old 04-06-2009
BANNED

I think I'm right here, I'm sure Richard will correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think the patch of grass is the same one I posted in the photo's a few weeks back - but is an area at the other side of and above the car park.

If I'm right it's a mad bit of ground, like the venue the Telford club used until a couple of years ago, loads of level changes and off camber stuff - totally awesome.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 04-06-2009

Yes that's right there's plenty of slopes and lumps to work into the track, i think it should work out really well and all the members of our club are keen to make this a fun days racing for you all
Old 04-06-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Sorry guys we wont be at this one, but i think this is the post code for you sat nav men LA9 5BP.
Old 05-06-2009

Yup, thats the right one.

Unfortunately, I wont be able to make it to my own regional as I am on holiday. But the club is working real hard to make sure the day goes well. Just need to hope the weather is kind for the first time ever!!!!
Ansmann Short Course

South Lakes Model Car Club
www.southlakesmodelcarclub.co.uk

See us on Facebook
Old 12-06-2009

looks like food/drink wise it'll just be tea, coffee, cans chrisps that sort of fare, no bacon buttys i'm affraid
Old 12-06-2009
BANNED

What time tomorrow Richard?
It a definate no to setting the track out tomorrow?
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 12-06-2009

we're meeting at 10 am tomorrow, plan is to set out the track, then take it down again, atleast we'll get the layout sorted should make short work for sunday morning

Looks like someones hatched a plan to order bacon buttys from somewere too result!
Old 13-06-2009

Just got back from setting up for tomorrow the tracks looking really good, should be able to get a few pics up later on, weathers looking ok for tomorrow too
Old 14-06-2009
Mad Member

Thanks to all the Guys and Girls(tea ladies with great cakes) at SLMCC for all your efforts to hold todays event and a great days racing.
I`m looking forward to the next regional at your club and lets use the same grass site for the next one if possible.
Si.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 14-06-2009

i second SLY had a great day,for a so called small club you made a GREAT day well done to all for your efforts,them hotdogs filled a hole to bring on the next meet.
Old 14-06-2009

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

Same here, awesome day, fantastic weather, a brilliant track and some very nice cakes!! Looking forward to next time.
Old 14-06-2009
Mad Member

Yep, another thanks from us here - truly enjoyed all of today's racing, the track was great and the event ran well. Even the weather came good for us!
Old 14-06-2009
Stu-Perstar

Yep. What a great day! SO glad they are back in the North West Regionals. Great venue and great club members. I know it was a field of grass but you couldnt call it flat. The only thing I do have to mention is that the tyres on the track are not BRCA legal. I dont mind but some people out there may have a different opinion. I see it as its the same for everyone.
Thank you very much for a great day. Got some great views on the way to the track too.
If you didnt go then you missed a good one.
Old 14-06-2009

Someone did mention the tires on the saturday when we were setting off, i agree it's the same for everyone, and i don't think i saw any cars getting broken against the scooter tires. just interested what the reason might be for them not being legal? and if it's enough of a issue that we should avoid using them at the next round

I think for the next round, we're already thinking about hiring loo's rather than wait for the school pta to turn up, and maybe look at getting a bbq going.

Thats the first time we've raced up on that side, and everyone seems to agree it worked well, and it definatly had some challenges, compared to just a flat grass track
Old 14-06-2009
BANNED

I think it's to do with cars getting stuck inside them - it can be difficult for marshalls to extracate the car as they get jammed inside the 'cavity' (you don't want to get jammed in a cavity - ) York use motor-cycle tyres, cut in half around the centre circumference of the tread, then have a wood disc to cover the hole up - they make superb track markers.

I really enjoyed today, pity Colin is so fast -

Looking forward to the next meeting up there - August 23rd.
Old 14-06-2009

Great day Thanks to all involved. Definitely worth the trip and will be back for the next one.