Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 14-01-2014

Default AGM 20th Jan 2014!!!!!

Well firstly our best turn out for a long time last night seen very busy racing in both buggies and TC’s for round 5 of the winter series.
Also a first time racer with Jasmin joining in the buggy class with a 2WD!
A couple of potential “returning” racers visiting last night to check out what we do, Paul and a couple of former Longbenton drivers, looking to get back into racing - hope to see you all back with cars on the track soon guys.

Anyway, we will be holding the AGM next Monday and despite what I may have mentioned, I’ve been corrected that the AGM night is not a free nights racing and hasn’t been for at least 3 years. Just shows how much I know about what goes on at the club with my head in the laptop every week. I suppose the meeting used to take up half of the night but generally we don’t even loose a round of racing now so no need to give the free night J

So if any of you want to have a say in how the clubs run, or stand for chairman in place of Nev or any other committee position, then get along Monday 20th as early as you can. The meeting will be between setup and racing starting.
Old 21-01-2014

Well we held our AGM last night followed by round 6 of the winter series.
Not as many as I’d have expected for the AGM which must mean everyone is happy with how the club is running.
Anyway subs are now due for the coming years membership. Membership is £10 with an additional £17 to include your BRCA membership - required for insurance cover - unless you have your own BRCA.
Committee members stayed as was other than Barry Lynch replacing Chris Clark or me as vice chairman - we’re not sure exactly who filled that role last year!!!
Also after what I think is 5 years since the last race fee increase, we have agreed to increase nightly fees to £6 - that’s still only £1 per race in line with other clubs.
So to make Gary’s like easier can you all please bring along a £1 coin whenever possible!!!

See you all next week