Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 13-01-2010

Cool A few quick photos of my old cars.

My son recently started racing with my old mardave V12. After the first couple of weeks the original 205 abs shell had reached the end of it's life so we replaced it with the vw golf you can see in the picture below. I masked it and he did the spraying, not bad for a first attempt. Unfortunately 3 weeks of crashing has taken its tole!

And the inside after removing the radio gear:

Here you can see the steering has been up graded to the latest spec, but that is the only change in the 14 years I've owned the car.
Old 13-01-2010

Default Next stage:

So after the Mardave comes this:
And with the body off:

The racers at the local club can't believe we are going to put something so old on the track but I say that is what it was designed for so that's what it's going to do. I guess at 10 years old it is getting on a bit but if it teaches him to get around the track in a controlled manner then it's all good.
Old 13-01-2010

Default Getting a bit older:

So when I dug out the Schumacher I got out some of my other old cars:
Another Schumacher, the last one before I retired from off road in 1990

Yes it is pink, very pink. When I first painted it everyone had bright blue or green or yellow cars so I went for something different and painted it black with a silver stripe. Soon after all the other cars were being painted dark colours and you couldn't see which one was yours. New shell and I decided to do something no one else would do and it remains unique to this day I wonder why?.
Old 13-01-2010

Default My fave off roader

Before the cat I was running this:

And inside:

My dad got this car from Keith as he was doing some work for him at the time. He also got me the mini mustang (sold to fund a radio at the time) when it first came out. The mini mustang came with both single and two speed gear boxes so I kept the two speed box and put it into the Maxima.
Old 13-01-2010

Default Hotshot

This hotshot never got raced but was used to develop the chassis which you can see on it for SRM racing. There is slight differences between this one and the production version. This one is 10mm shorter for running indoors in the winter and the bits that stick out to hold the battery are a different profile.

Hmmm lots of dust where it's been stored, realy should clean things up before taking a photo.
Old 13-01-2010

Default Kyoshos

Before the P.B.s I was running a Kyosho Progress. I sold that when I got the mini mustang but I have since brought similar from E-Bay:
Progress1:

Progress 2:

Gallop MkII 1:

Gallop MkII 2:

Gallop Mk II 3:

and my collection of spares (probably enough to build another car):
Old 13-01-2010

Default Pro 10

During the winter months off from off road I dabbled in PRO 10, borrowing a chassis when I could. When this came up on E-bay a couple of years age I couldn't resist. It's a composite craft predator, wonderfully quick if you can find a track big enough to let it rip, how I miss the Weston shore track in Southampton.

and with the body off:
Old 13-01-2010

Default Another E-Bay

When looking for parts to restore the Maxima I found this:

A P.B. Ace possibly the worst car P.B. made.
It was missing wheels and a number of suspension parts which I already had but I'm lost on front shock tower / bumper. Still looking....
Old 13-01-2010

Default Always wanted an RC10

I'd always wanted an RC10 when I was running my progress but they were well out of my price range. E-bay had one of these described a complete but with one picture with the body on. Complete apart from all the bits in the gearbox! Still a few more bids on E-bay had the bit I needed, just need to add a spur gear and electrics and we can have a bit of fun.

Old 13-01-2010

dudue nice collection thinking you ll soon have more to add
feel depressed now i want a vintage collection too just dont have the pennies to spend
Old 13-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
When looking for parts to restore the Maxima I found this:

A P.B. Ace possibly the worst car P.B. made.
It was missing wheels and a number of suspension parts which I already had but I'm lost on front shock tower / bumper. Still looking....

I sold my PB Ace to someone on here about 6 months ago. It had the shock tower at least, which means there is a template to copy one from (its just fibreglass). Except I can't remember who it was. Might have been Nova. I think he was also getting the bodyshell copied too.
Dreadful car. I miss it.

I had a Progress too - one came up on Ebay the other day for very little money but I passed it up in the end.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 13-01-2010

i have a pb ace, really wish i had never sold my mustang and maxima, oh to have had more money when younger. pm me if you want a drawing to make your own shock tower, can easily scan mine and add measurements
Old 14-01-2010

Default Memories

Yep the things we did when we were younger! I threw out a couple of Tamiya frogs, cut the front off rough riders and screwed on mardve apache suspension the shame of it now.

A scan of the shock tower would be cool I'll pm my address. Also if you have a picture that would be helpful. The only one I saw was Keith's on a couple of occasions.
Old 14-01-2010

Memories Thanks, nice!

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback