Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South East

Old 16-03-2008
Mad Member

Default Calendar-BRCA 1:10 Off-road Section - South East Regional Championships 2008

For those not on my email list of contacts the BRCA 1:10 Off-road Section - South East Regional Championships 2008 calendar looks like this:

27 April 4WD Eden Park Raceway
04 May 2WD West Kent Radio Car Club
18 May 4WD West Kent Radio Car Club
08 June 4WD Faversham Off-road Car Club
15 June 2WD Eden Park Raceway
20 July 2WD Faversham Off-road Car Club
03 Aug 2WD Eden Park Raceway
10 Aug 4WD Eden Park Raceway

This year there are FOUR rounds of each class and for championship points THREE of these will count. As per previous years there will be an Under 16 Junior Championship running within the main event. Juniors to be those drivers under 16 years of age on 01 January 2008.

Unfortunately, as per usual there is almost certain to be some conflict with other events! Apologies, however, we have met with the criteria laid down by the BRCA (no Regional on Nationals weekends) and have done our best in what is already a very congested season.
We have however, due to several South East drivers attendance, managed to avoid the dates for the European Championships and also given some 'breathing space' around round 4 of the BRCA 1:10 National Off-road series, to be hosted by Eden Park Raceway.

Should any club have any problems with the listed dates they should, of course, contact me at the very earliest opportunity.

Could all club officials please make ALL club members aware of this calendar, further publicity will take place in the form of web site forum postings and in the magazines.

Steven Brooke
BRCA 1:10 Off-road Section, South East Representative
Old 21-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookie View Post
For those not on my email list of contacts the BRCA 1:10 Off-road Section - South East Regional Championships 2008 calendar looks like this:

27 April 4WD Eden Park Raceway
04 May 2WD West Kent Radio Car Club
18 May 4WD West Kent Radio Car Club
08 June 4WD Faversham Off-road Car Club
15 June 2WD Eden Park Raceway
20 July 2WD Faversham Off-road Car Club
03 Aug 2WD Eden Park Raceway
10 Aug 4WD Eden Park Raceway

This year there are FOUR rounds of each class and for championship points THREE of these will count. As per previous years there will be an Under 16 Junior Championship running within the main event. Juniors to be those drivers under 16 years of age on 01 January 2008.

Unfortunately, as per usual there is almost certain to be some conflict with other events! Apologies, however, we have met with the criteria laid down by the BRCA (no Regional on Nationals weekends) and have done our best in what is already a very congested season.
We have however, due to several South East drivers attendance, managed to avoid the dates for the European Championships and also given some 'breathing space' around round 4 of the BRCA 1:10 National Off-road series, to be hosted by Eden Park Raceway.

Should any club have any problems with the listed dates they should, of course, contact me at the very earliest opportunity.

Could all club officials please make ALL club members aware of this calendar, further publicity will take place in the form of web site forum postings and in the magazines.

Steven Brooke
BRCA 1:10 Off-road Section, South East Representative
Hi Steve

How do we enter?

Thanks
Old 22-04-2008
Mad Member

Hi

Just turn up on the day as we try and make the regionals as easy as possible to participate in. There will be loads of people there to help if necessary.

I cannot speak for other clubs' participating in the regional series but at EPR, we will run to a similar format as per our Winter Series so gates will open at 8am, track will be available from 8.30am with racing starting as close to 10am as possible.

Hope this helps.

Matt
Old 25-04-2008

There are a few of us at West Kent intending to make the move to Off Road for the the meetings we are hosting.

What are the rules with regards to batteries?

Most of us have old 4200 packs spare since going over to Lipo in the Touring Cars, but I have heard on the grapevine the legality of packs has got quite tight recently.
I am talking specificaly about dates having to be on the cells.

Do these apply to the Regionals of is it National only?
Old 25-04-2008

It's mainly for nationals so you will be fine. If you have hard cased lipo's you can use them as well.