Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South East

Old 25-05-2009

Default West London Racing Centre

Hey Hey Folks,

Thinking of turning up as a first step to getting into the RC racing scene, I've never looked into it or really even given it any serious thought before, but am well keen now...

I've fired off an e-mail to them asking for a relevant beginners meet to show up so I can ask loads of q's, have you guys got any advice for me, any of you lot gonna be there in the up coming weekends (actually june is quite busy for me..) so I can hassle you

Thanks
Old 25-05-2009
Mad Member

West London Racing Centre in Hillingdon, is Touring Cars and do not have much of a presence on here, quite active on www.rcracechat.com, seem like a friendly bunch and I think some of the oOple-ers do get down there. There is also TC racing via DMS in Watford and a club in Newbury, depending where you are starting from I suppose.
Old 27-05-2009

unfortunately i think Watford & Newbury are too far, I live near Kingston, South West London. The WLRC was the first I found nearby,

there is also Chessington & a few slightly further away like Woking & Aldershot....

let us know if you are planning on heading down, i might come and watch...

Old 27-05-2009
oOple Advertiser

Try EPR matey - not too far and a great Off Road track that holds good events and at National standard
Old 27-05-2009
oOple Advertiser

West London is one of the best on-road tracks in the UK, or even Europe
Old 27-05-2009

WLRC is one of the best run and friendly clubs you can find. It will be worth the effort in the end but as said its only on road now. Many moons ago they used to do both.
Old 27-05-2009

DMS also runs buggy rounds on a Thursday, along with the touring cars. I should know since thats where I race my 501.
Old 27-05-2009

honestly epr is closest to you, if you are driving it shouldn't take more than an half an hour. west london is close to harrow so to be honest its pain to get to i used to live in north london, near hendon and it was still quicker to get to watford.
living in east london now, Crackney to be precise and i can get to eden park in 25 minutes on a sunday morning and its about 45 minutes to watford.
if your using public transport eden park is do-able, watford is possible and west london is impossible...

X4TE
X2C
Old 27-05-2009

We do have a club round at West London this weekend.

Don't see how you can say that is impossible to get to West London using public transport - that was how one of our lads used to get to the track, granted the bus stop is at the end of the road.
Old 27-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4nut View Post
Crackney
likethatonewayne
Old 27-05-2009

Well since i started wearing the stab vest i feel a lot safer getting home.

Granted the bus stop is at the end of the street but have a look at the number of connections needed and how early in the morning you would have to set off to get there, not knocking the facility just the practicality of it.
Having carried my race gear around london many times in the past, 20 kilo's in a big bag is no fun.

Driving though Eden park wins by virtue of being in the same half of london,
and if you are around a week on sunday there is a 4wd regional and i would be more than happy to explain whats going on and answer any questions.

Wayne

X4TE
X2C
Old 28-05-2009
Mad Member

Thanks Tony & Wayne!

Just to confirm, think EPR (we have our own section here on Oople as well!) is probably one of the most accessible off-road tracks in the South East in terms of publice transport! We regularly have drivers coming from both Guildford and North London by train.

Have just checked National Rail and the route is quite simple, Kingston to Waterloo, walk across to Waterloo East then catch a Hayes train, Eden Park is two stops from the end of the line and the track a 5-10 mins walk from the station!

As Wayne mentioned our next race meeting is a 4WD BRCA SE Regional on Sunday 07 June and we will be trackside on Saturday 06 June, all day, a scheduled Work Party undertaking some remedial work before our National event, Round 3 on 20/21 June 2009. Come along on any of these days\dates and we will be more than willing to have a chat about our facilities, what we run, the Club, Region or the National! There may even be a cup of tea or coffee if that helps!

Hopefully see you soon!
Old 29-05-2009

You can also use the Tube to Hillingdon then catch the bus or walk (15 - 20 minutes).
I do the trip from home (Hillingdon) to one of our client's in Kingston and using the tube and train is easiest/quickest.
Old 01-06-2009

ace of base, looks like there are a few places to have a look at first, busy couple of weeks/weekends coming up but thanks for the info, will pop over sometimes soon looking forward to my cuppa, milk n two pls