Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 07-02-2010

Default Next generation Lazer ZX-5

Reading this article on Red RC, one must wonder what the new Lazer will look like.

"Not on the stand but expected to be released at the start of summer is the new FS 4wd electric buggy which is expected to feature a new carbon chassis for LiPo saddle packs and have the motor moved further to the rear."

Carbon chassis would be a major change to the basic concept of the car, but it sounds quite decent to move the motor further to the rear of the car to ensure the best balance.

Anyone seen any pictures or heard anything else?

Kyosho Ultima RB-5 SP
/ Lazer ZX-5 FS / Ultima RT-5
Orion - DesirePower - Futaba - Savöx

Kyosho Sweden
AutoPartner RC
Mr 'O' Racing Foams

rc.pererik.nu
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

Default new fs

i was just about to order my fs tommorow reading you post on the new car in just a couple of months i think i minght just wait!
Old 07-02-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

sounds like the exact same concept of Fabiens chassis for the ZX-5, where the LiPo saddle is moved as far back as possible, to allow the motor to be moved back further.
Old 07-02-2010

Kyosho likes these upgrade kits so why not one containing a chassis, topdeck and centre driveshafts etc.
If those are the main differences, it would be possible.
Old 07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
i was just about to order my fs tommorow reading you post on the new car in just a couple of months i think i minght just wait!
I doubt the new kit will be here that fast, I'm guessing june or july, and kyosho usually brings the conversion from the old car first which is probably affordable.

Kyosho Ultima RB-5 SP

Kyosho Sweden
AutoPartner RC
Mr 'O' Racing Foams

rc.pererik.nu
Old 07-02-2010

ive seen shins 'latest' car with new chassis for lipo etc (NEW CAR) Its not much different to the current car tbh. i guess you could just buy the chassis when it came out. the motor looked to be in the same postition, but probably moved a few mm. The battery 'tabs' are wider apart to accom lipos.. i just had to shave mine off on the FS.. no big deal.

the best is the new battery posts for lipo.. those look mint alloy anodized.. ive got pics on my phone i could post. but if your looking to buy the lazer, id buy the current one (FS) and just get the necessary upgrades. ive only just had the FS, i'll probably just get the new chassis and battery posts when they come out, because it looks smart.

the new shell i like too... its high to better accom all the electrics and wiring below. But i guess this is just personal preference.

so bottom line is.. just buy the FS if your looking for a 4-wd car. There isnt much geometry change. You can always buy the optional parts if it really concerns you. Car is mint!

cheers
gurdy
Kyosho MP9/OS Speed Engines/Kyosho Ultima RB5
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

Default new lazer fs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhami1 View Post
ive seen shins 'latest' car with new chassis for lipo etc (NEW CAR) Its not much different to the current car tbh. i guess you could just buy the chassis when it came out. the motor looked to be in the same postition, but probably moved a few mm. The battery 'tabs' are wider apart to accom lipos.. i just had to shave mine off on the FS.. no big deal.

the best is the new battery posts for lipo.. those look mint alloy anodized.. ive got pics on my phone i could post. but if your looking to buy the lazer, id buy the current one (FS) and just get the necessary upgrades. ive only just had the FS, i'll probably just get the new chassis and battery posts when they come out, because it looks smart.

the new shell i like too... its high to better accom all the electrics and wiring below. But i guess this is just personal preference.

so bottom line is.. just buy the FS if your looking for a 4-wd car. There isnt much geometry change. You can always buy the optional parts if it really concerns you. Car is mint!

cheers
gurdy
heres a link to a picture of the new fs your right mate the motor is in the same place http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/.../image003.html
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

Hi Guys,

Just got myself ZX-5 FS bummer i hope they do bring out upgrade kit.

Also when are these new bodies coming out they do look rather sexy

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Old 07-02-2010

I have looked carefully on the pics of Shins car and nothing looks different except for the red colour and the body. No geometry change what so ever. Looks rather standard to me.
Dont think that's it. Think there will be more change than that.
Old 07-02-2010

May someone post the Link of it, please.
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

Default the link

ive put the link above pal
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

Default new fs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex H View Post
I have looked carefully on the pics of Shins car and nothing looks different except for the red colour and the body. No geometry change what so ever. Looks rather standard to me.
Dont think that's it. Think there will be more change than that.
no apparently thats it theres no cut outs in chassis for cells and different battery posts and no cut out in the chassis for the motor
Old 07-02-2010

Default lazer zx5 fs conversion

I have just bought and fitted the fs conversion kit to my old zx5 which is pretty cost effective for all those zx's that are about that need updating. well worth a look.
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

The FS sp or whatever it wil be called is hardly different to the current car.
It will be the same Carbon composit chassis (not Carbon Fibre!!) It will just be easier to fit lipo. Also it will have a new higher bodyshell at the front to accomodate brushless systems better.
So if you already got an FS you just need to dremel the Battery tabs a little and be careful where you route the motor wires.
Its not a big change.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post
The FS sp or whatever it wil be called is hardly different to the current car.
It will be the same Carbon composit chassis (not Carbon Fibre!!) It will just be easier to fit lipo. Also it will have a new higher bodyshell at the front to accomodate brushless systems better.
So if you already got an FS you just need to dremel the Battery tabs a little and be careful where you route the motor wires.
Its not a big change.
Thanks for the clarification, will the motor stay where it is?

Kyosho Ultima RB-5 SP

Kyosho Sweden
AutoPartner RC
Mr 'O' Racing Foams

rc.pererik.nu
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

Yes,
The picture you saw of shins car is the prototype car.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 08-02-2010

Thanks Neil for the clarifications. now i just need a new rb5sp and a truck

www.autopartner.se
www.sommarcupen.se
Old 08-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I had to make NO modifications to my FS to fit the Robotronic LiPos in, nothing at all (ok, 4 off the taller batt posts not 2 of each as per kit but that is it!!!!).

The new body isn't as nice as the current FS body in my opinion but style is a matter of personal taste so no biggy. To get everything under my FS shell I just didn't cut the base to thecut lines, rather left it full height and I've plenty of clearance and the car only looks slightly fuller figured than a car with a body to stock cut lines (and a little podgy matches it's owner )

I along with a lot of people who where at Petit spoke at length with Shin about the revisions to the cars and to be honest they aren't changing much this year.

The best thing coming is a very trick new slipper assembly .... now that will set the car apart from anything else out there in terms of drive-line tunability and could make the difference to many people between a car that performs superbly and something too awesome for words .... now that is an upgrade kit to look out for (Shin suggested that he hoped it would be around by the end of March / early April in Japan which means the rest of the world would get it a few weeks later for logistical reasons ... but no promises on that date)
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

Hey Roger,

The slipper was supposed to be top secret!!!
Oh well the cats out the bag now i guess

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 08-02-2010

LOL thats no secret now then...

Still, its no bad thing to leak a little info on a brand new part, keeps the punters interested...